Home | About | Donate

How to Contact the 17 Banks Funding the Dakota Access Pipeline

How to Contact the 17 Banks Funding the Dakota Access Pipeline

Emily Fuller

The Dakota Access pipeline is funded directly by 17 banks, many of which—Citibank, Wells Fargo—are ones you’ve probably heard of or do business with.

Banks are more susceptible to public pressure than the oil and gas giants.

Better than sittin' and doin' nothin'.
McKibben is correct though, bank$ters do not like the light turned on them.
I was at Standing Rock.
Now I am at home.
So, hell yeah, I'll call 'em and email 'em while sending money and goods to ND for the Protectors.
I have especially expressed my ire towards the Hennepin County Sheriff's Dept about sending their law doggies out to ND. Hope you do too.

Isn't there a tech person at an environmental group or somewhere who can consolidate the addresses so we can send one email to all?

Seems to me the letters that need to be written are explanations of why people are closing their accounts. Asking those who have no moral compass to do the right thing is an exercise in futility. Hit 'em in the pocketbook and you have a different story.

I haven't heard anything about Ramsay Co, however,I do know that Anoka Co sent sheriffs.
I'll be calling them out on this crap too.

Please join the facebook group #nodapl We have 37,558 members as of right now. There is probably someone near your area in the group who can help you to organize a protest.

The barclays e-mail listed in this article does not work.

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain barclays. ___ by cluster3. eu. messagelabs.___. [85. 158. 137. 67].

The error that the other server returned was:
550-Invalid recipient
550 (#5.1.1)

I have just called TD BANK and spoken with a person who claims to be involved in upper management there. She will provide my comments to them, that I do not support their involvement in Financial Loans to those who own and are building the Dakota Access Pipeline. I also stated to her that I would like her to ask TD BANK upper management to call "the Morton County Sheriff’s Department in North Dakota at 701-667-3330," and tell them to stop brutalizing our Native American People or others attempting to protect our WATER and LAND. I don't do FACEBOOK and I will not ever do it because of the owners' unethical ties to avoiding paying US TAXES and other issues I consider unethical.

I SUPPORT our NATIVE AMERICANS' rights to their sacred lands, and all Americans' rights to pure, clean, unpolluted water, with safety as the utmost importance over OIL, over MONEY, over POWER over PEOPLE!

May the Creator Protect the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and all those who assist them! AMEN!

Heads up. the Michael Corbat email address does not seem to work. Maybe he had it disabled so he would not have to put up with our emails. I don't know, but I have emailed this to as many of the banks listed as possible. And I am calling them, too.

If you like, feel free to copy and paste this content into your emails.

Dear Management of Citibank (CitiGROUP):
I hope now to express my intense disgust of the very idea that you would provide financial assistance, aid as it were, to the Dakota Access Pipeline Builders and Owners, who are doing physical harm every day to those Water Protectors in North Dakota. The right to stop harmful, destructive attempts to ruin our WATER RESOURCES should be a sacred duty, respected by all citizens of the earth. Clearly that is not the case.

Are you aware that your own FUNDS may be used, in this case, to pay for VIOLENCE against Americans, due to the heavily militarized response to the Standing Rock Sioux, including vicious attack dogs, rubber bullets, sound-cannon trucks, heavily armed officers, and even a crop duster spraying undetermined chemicals over the camp? Are you aware that people may die because of the brutality against Native American People and Water Protectors, out there trying to protect the water resources and the land? These are sacred lands.

People may die because of Financial Institutions like yours and the money you are providing to Dakota Access Pipeline builders. Haven't we had enough of Death and Hatred in our world? Isn't it time to stand together against any more violence towards citizens trying to do what is right? Would you want anyone in your nation to be killed over the right to safe drinking water? Or over the right to speak out?

And my final question to you is this. Why are you sinking money into maximizing the amounts of oil and gas that can be brought to the surface and burned at a time when climate science is clear we have to maximize what we keep in the ground instead?

**I ask you, PLEASE pull out any support of any kind from the Dakota Access Pipeline Owners and Builders. Please.

Thank you.

I emailed Citibank's CEO and Barclay's CEO since I bank with both those. The emails came back as the addresses were incorrect.