Home | About | Donate

How to Cut Infrastructure Costs in Half

How to Cut Infrastructure Costs in Half

Ellen Brown

President Donald Trump has promised to rebuild America’s airports, bridges, tunnels, roads and other infrastructure, something both Democrats and Republicans agree should be done. The country needs a full $3 trillion in infrastructure over the next decade.

I hope this article gets traction and that you've sent it to the President and Congress. It is not rocket science just good business.

We here in Oregon tried to get public banking but big banks squashed that idea and we the people let it go. We did not fight or our legislaturers' did not fight for us.

The five too-big-to-fail banks that controlled 25% of US bank assets when they crashed the economy in 2008 now control 50% with no end in the march to monopoly in sight. Congress put US taxpayers on the hook for $20 plus trillion to bail out those banks. Trump will not change any of this. Trump's idea of an infrastructure program appears to be boatloads of corporate welfare without much infrastructure to show for it.

Team Trump's favorite song is Ry Cooder's No Banker Left Behind.

Yesterday, PBS casually mentioned that our water bills are expected to go about $50/mo average, making water too expensive for approx 1/3 of us. And, apparently, that's acceptable.

I have a specfic, simple plan to finance infrastructure if anyone would like to hear it. It retires the national debt at the same time.

The entire national debt could potentially be 'spent' on infrastructure, while retiring it at the same time. How? Ask me.