Home | About | Donate

How to Make a Political Revolution

How to Make a Political Revolution

David Morris

On June 14th, North Dakotans voted to overrule their government's decision to allow corporate ownership of farms. That they had the power to do so was a result of a political revolution that occurred almost exactly a century before, a revolution that may hold lessons for those like Bernie Sanders' supporters who seek to establish a bottom-up political movement in the face of hostile political parties today.

Good advice for a fledgling revolution. Just to add a note, Ellen Brown, has written often about the North Dakota State Bank and how during the economy crash of "08 the Bank and the state suffered less than any other because of the state owned businesses. Building locally is a huge first step to national change.

Having never voted GOP and not voted for Democrats in national elections since my serious bout of buyer's remorse in 1992, I feel like a defacto member of the Non Partisan league.

Would Clinton/Warren or Clinton/Bernie beat a Trump/Pence ticket?

The banksters will never allow the Dimcritter Party to put anybody into the 1st position of POTUS succession who has ever questioned the integrity of Wall Street.

On inauguration day 2017 Clinton will be almost as old as Raygun was when he moved into the White House. Wall Street employes the world's foremost risk managers and a progressive VP would be risky with a young president, VERY RISKY with an old president.

No sure there's enough immediacy for most CDers. That's natural, I'm sure. A big shout out to the NFU ( National Farmer's Union ) for their role, here. Great bunch of people who are near, and dear, to many of us.

We had an impact. Social Security was saved (for now.)

Unfortunately TPP will be shoved down our throats Nov 8th after the election. Bernie is doing the right thing by staying in the Senate to try to prevent it from coming to a vote on the Senate Floor. If it passes, it is game over. A Wall Street coup that nobody rose up against except Sanders.

Here is a list of the traitors who approved fast track and who will vote for it after Nov 8th if they are still in office:

Here are the 60 Senators who held the fate of the world in their hands on that crucial vote, and chose on 23 June 2015 to vote to give international corporations control (regarding these crucial matters) over not only the U.S. but the 11 other TPP-signatory nations (and an asterisk * here will mean the Senator is among the 21 who are up for re-election in 2016 — i.e., facing voters on November 8th):

YEAs — 60

Alexander (R-TN)
*Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
*Bennet (D-CO)
*Blunt (R-MO)
*Boozman (R-AR)
*Burr (R-NC)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Capito (R-WV)
Carper (D-DE)
Cassidy (R-LA)
*Coats (R-IN)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coons (D-DE)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Cotton (R-AR)
*Crapo (R-ID)
Daines (R-MT)
Enzi (R-WY)
Ernst (R-IA)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Fischer (R-NE)
Flake (R-AZ)
Gardner (R-CO)
Graham (R-SC)
*Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
Heller (R-NV)
*Hoeven (R-ND)
Inhofe (R-OK)
*Isakson (R-GA)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kaine (D-VA)
*Kirk (R-IL)
*Lankford (R-OK)
*McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
*Murkowski (R-AK)
*Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Perdue (R-GA)
*Portman (R-OH)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rounds (R-SD)
*Rubio (R-FL)
Sasse (R-NE)
*Scott (R-SC)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Sullivan (R-AK)
Thune (R-SD)
Tillis (R-NC)
*Toomey (R-PA)
*Vitter (R-LA)
Warner (D-VA)
Wicker (R-MS)
*Wyden (D-OR)

according to Global Research:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/trans-pacific-partnership-tpp-tpp-will-probably-become-law-in-u-s-soon-after-november-elections-top-lobbyist/5536003

The ones with an asterisk are up for re-election and it's up to you guys to oppose them in your states.

I'm with you in sentiment, but too many folks have had to fight awfully hard to acquire the status of people instead of property in this rather pathetic democracy, and some are still fighting for those rights. We were sold the promise of American democracy in school; lots of folks are still waiting for it and fighting for the fruit of that promise. We never really had a democracy; we certainly don't now, but we do have the genes of the Revolutionaries coursing through our veins. Democracy is a good idea and we should give it a try!

If Sanders' claim of helping down ticket progressive Democrats is to maintain any credibility he needs to be in the Northwest during the next two weeks campaigning for Philip Cornell, a progressive Democrat running for incumbent Patty Murray's US Senate seat. Washington is a top two primary state so the only opportunity to affect the outcome of the November election is between now and the August 2 primary.

Wyden.

It's too bad, he's been good on privacy, but terrible on trade and forests. He lost my vote a while ago, though.

There exist numerous forms of democracy; the US is a Democratic Republic, a form of democracy where ultimate authority and power is derived from the citizens, and the government itself is run through our elected representatives. But this is all moot because we neither have a functioning republic or democracy, and we certainly don't have the democracy we were sold in grade school. Like I said, democracy is a good idea, and we should try it.