How to get affordable health care.
1) nationalise docotors, paying them a decent salary, telling them, as did Aneurin Bevan (UK Health Minister in 1947-48), that those that don't like it may leave.
2) nationalise all hospitals and pay all staff a decent salary.
3) set up a national government-run health insurance fund legislated to be completely different from the annual consolidated revenue budget of the USA.
4) have people and employees pay for this helath insurance from their income in a proportionate manner based on their income; in the UK, one was obliged to buy a health stamp or stamps per week that went in one's health-stamp book and ones's employer bought two or three time those stamps for one and these also were entered into one's book.
5) Legislate so that "Big Pharma" cannot maintain monopolies on required drugs and allow generic drugs into the country.
Easy really. It worked in the UK back in 1948, with the rider that specialists were also allowed private practice with a number of beds allocated to them in public hospitals, as a sop to their resistance, in the UK.
I wonder why it wouldn't work in the USA................................. Don't answer that question; I know the answer. It's "socialism"" Aaaaaaaagh. A socialist! Reach for your Colt 45s! Bring out the burning crucifixes! Put on the white hoods and cloaks and throw a rope with noose over the nearest tree! He's worse than a nigra or Mexican immigrant; he's a socialist!