Home | About | Donate

How Trump Just Gave Alabama to Iraq by Giving Syrian Golan to Israel

How Trump Just Gave Alabama to Iraq by Giving Syrian Golan to Israel

Juan Cole

The Trump administration’s illegal and unilateral recognition of Israeli annexation of the Syrian Golan Heights is an unfortunate return to the international jungle of the 1930s and 1940s, when Hitler annexed the Sudetenland and Mussolini annexed Nice from France.

1 Like

“the US wants Israel to be able to act with impunity in the Middle East, since it is a sort of air craft carrier for US hegemony in the oil-rich region.”

If Israel is a sort of aircraft carrier for US hegemony in the area, that carrier has gone rogue: Israel acts in its own interests regardless of the cost in blood and treasure to the US, whose interests it is said (erroneously) to be serving.

The tail is wagging the dog: Trump recognizing Israel’s annexation of the Golan is just the latest example. Israel is no aircraft carrier for the US: It is a destructive parasite that seeks to control its host

3 Likes

My father fought the Nazis in Europe.

Looks like I’ll be fighting them in the good Ole USA.

Anyone wish to join the militia?

2 Likes

No, Cole is right. The tail and the dog are right in sync. The long-term strategic interest in global domination by the white supremacist settler colonialist USA, is well served by the white supremacist settler colonialist Israel establishing an extremely destabilizing beachhead in what Europeans call “the Middle East.”

1 Like

The domestic enemies of the US Constitution are far more powerful and numerous than its foreign enemies, and the bulk of them, if not all, are loyal is Israeli Zionists. Indeed, the US government is infested with such enemies.

An excellent history lesson by Juan Cole.

2 Likes

I am clear about the resolution. I am not clear on what has been happening in the Golan Heights in the recent past, and i am not clear what is happening currently as a result.