Home | About | Donate

How We're Getting Net Neutrality Back

How We're Getting Net Neutrality Back

Timothy Karr

A year ago today, the Federal Communications Commission under Chairman Ajit Pai made one of the worst, most abnormal decisions in the agency’s history.

1 Like

I’m a pessimist by nature, for a lot of good reasons; chief among them is that I’m almost never disappointed, but am sometimes pleasantly surprised. Here’s hoping this is one of those times.

And thanks, Tim Karr, for your service.

1 Like

What should of been in the headlines is that taxpayers monies financed the research and development that made it possible for the internet to be born.

3 Likes

An additional curve in the story is municipal broadband. Heres one example:
Charlemont Chooses Muni Fiber Over Comcast Cartel

Thu, December 13, 2018 | Posted by Lisa Gonzalez

The people of Charlemont, Massachusetts, are ready to pay approximatly $1.5 million to own broadband infrastructure rather than shell over $462,000 to Comcast for cable Internet access in their community. At a packed December 6th town meeting, voters showed up to handily defeat the proposal from the cable giant and express their support for a publicly owned fiber optic network.

2 Likes

Link to CREDO petition to the House
Tell the House: Restore net neutrality

1 Like

But cross-invested moguls hire those headlines written.

I dunno. Seems the FCC folks looked pretty toothy going to the bank.

Aijit Pai… is a name that I hate pronouncing because it sounds like spiting when I pronounce it. I feel like he’s spitting on the People, because first of all, Tim Berners -Lee gave the internet to the world for free, so how can the “corporate people,” suddenly control it?

Secondly, all they will do is make some states and towns create their own companies, because if we just had AT&T, Comcast and Verizon----then We the People would not be able to afford the internet, and as it is they no doubt will have fast speeds for some, but again, we the People don’t have the cash for that.
And it also seems to me that the Supreme Court needs to look at this --because once there was only ONE phone company—but AT&T had to make room for others in order to be competitive-----why doesn’t that still apply?

Is more than 3 companies too hard for the spy people to track to get everyone on their “merde” list which replaces free speech?

Can we trust the FBI to investigate the FCC? I have serious doubts.

1 Like