Home | About | Donate

Howard Dean No Longer Seeking DNC Chair Position, Paving Path for Ellison

Howard Dean No Longer Seeking DNC Chair Position, Paving Path for Ellison

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Former presidential candidate and Vermont Gov. Howard Dean told members of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) gathered in Denver on Friday that he is no longer seeking the party chairmanship.

Both are shills for .01% so this changes nothing inside demodog party.

Nice to see Dean got out of the way. If there is any hope for the Democratic party he would not be the right choice for change. Whether there is hope for them to change is really hard to believe since they serve the same masters as the Republicans. How many would cut ties with the big donations for Big Business? And they would have to cut ties for real change to take place.
Would you take a huge cut in pay to do the right thing?

Th only hope for the democratic party is Ellison and a decided push to the left. The centrist approach is dead, dead, dead. Purge the party of the professional election losers and let the progressives push the party where it needs to be. No more corrupt DNC chairs and associated ar$e kissers. Bye Bye Bill, Hillary and Chelsea. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Oh and to Howie Dean. It isn't about Hillary vs Bernie. It's Bernie all the way and we all know it. Now go sit in the corner like a good toady and maybe you can serve us drinks in a couple of years when we win back the house and Senate. What a change!!

This is a positive development, and will free up Bernie to speak out on what matters, keeping the pressure on Trump and moving the party away from the elites and toward working class Americans.

A big question is whether Ellison -- assuming he ultimately wins DNC chair -- will really be able to steer the Democratic Party toward more progressive positions on foreign policy. He's already been admonished on BDS, smeared for his past mild criticism of Israel, and had to beg forgiveness of the Israel lobby. Senator Schumer, who has endorsed him, came to his defense by saying Ellison steered the party to the most pro-Israel platform in its history, almost Orwellian since Bernie named Ellison and others like Cornel West and James Zogby to the platform committee to try and get in some sympathetic or at least more neutral, language about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict -- all that ended in failure of course. Now that failure is turned into a qualification for Ellison to assume the DNC chairmanship. What a party!

Why couldn't Schumer (or Bernie for that matter) defend Ellison by saying loud and clear that criticism of Israel's occupation is not anti-Semitism?

A more progressive foreign policy from the Democrats -- bets anyone?

Cornel West as to why the Democratic Party can not be reformed,

I wonder is Ellison is truly the reform progressives need--he seems like an Obama-lite:

Keith Ellison as DNC Chair: Another High Place, Another Empty Black Face
http://www.blackagendareport.com/keith-ellison-dnc

"But Ellison is black. He’s the first Muslim elected to Congress, he’s smart enough and telegenic. He votes infallibly to support the apartheid regime in Israel, and he says if it were up to him there’d have been a no-fly zone (and possible shooting war with the Russians) a long time ago."

The wingnuts are already talking about how he called for the creation of a black state, comparing him to the Klan.

Not your party, not your concern.

Is he still trying to get attention for himself and sell books?

Who needs leaders and fundraising?

Direct Democracy

YAWN
DNC maneuvering, and the Democratic party in general, is completely irrelevant to any progress of or saving of our society.

Power to the 0.9%!

Ilyse Hogue sounds like a good fit. We have until 12/31/16, or later, to find out more about her. Her 10 Point Plan is a start. NARAL has lots of liberal Republican women who are quite thoughtful on several issues the Democratic Party needs to address, as well. Let's allow the rank-and-file to learn more about all the candidates.

Jimmy Dore has a segment on Ellison:

Ed Rendell keeps saying that Biden would be a good choice. Obviously, the old Beltway Democrats would continue with people and policies that would lead to future defeats.

Exactly, I'd really like to know how much actual activism for change any of the commenters here have actually engaged in.

Don't fall for the BS about SC Party Chair Jaime Harrison. He is NOT an independent progressive alternative. He matter-of-factly admitted on Maddow a couple of weeks ago that he WORKS FOR THE PODESTA GROUP! John Podesta's brother's lobbying shop. That's right, he's up to his neck in the K St. swamp with the rest of them. I don't know what the answer is for the Democrats. I'm hoping they pick another insider and make it easier for me to walk away from the Dems for the Greens, which I already decided to do.

Honestly, focusing on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is a lose/lose for Dems. The American public doesn't give a shit about it right now. The Dems. will tear themselves apart over this issue and the only one that will benefit in the end is Trump. Cut it out already, that conflict is not the center of American politics.

I find it pretty fucking chilling that you would write what your did....

Curious... would you have thrown the Palestinian cause under the bus had Trump been defeated - i.e. Hillary was president-elect right now? Becasue, your incredibly retreat-ist sentiment expressed in your comment is EXACTLY what I warned you-all here on Common Dreams would happen about if you didn't stop this utterly catastrophic "never Hillary" self-destruction which has brought the Trumpist fascists on us all!