Home | About | Donate

Huge Victory for Ocean Defenders as Seismic Blasting Halted in Atlantic

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/01/huge-victory-ocean-defenders-seismic-blasting-halted-atlantic

3 Likes

“The only way to end the threat,” he said, “is to prohibit offshore oil and gas exploration for good.”

Great suggestion. Submarines and boats too, i believe affect these magnificent creatures.

4 Likes

I wish they’d ban fishing, all boating, and jet skis.
I’m a big fan of manatees, and many of them over a certain age have
injuries and scars from being hit by motorized watercraft.

I read some time ago that “haarp” is used for naval communications. Whether this true or not, there are many other high frequency applications to disturb these creatures.

1 Like

“seismic blasting will not be carried out in the Atlantic Ocean this year—and possibly not in the near future either” That is a smarmy diversionary claim that would be broken at the drop of a hat if there was money to be made!
The military are the worse offenders with damaging/killing technologies the MICC claims as their “right”! A sea change (pun intended) of human crimes against The Wild must be ended forever with no mealy-mouthed propaganda lies tolerated!

If we humans do not alter definitively and profoundly, our brutality, unsustainable exploitation for private paper profits, and destruction of the Natural World, we as a threat in the tapestry of the Web of Life, will suffer along with all the creatures and habitat we destroy!

"We are the most dangerous species of life on the planet, and every other species, even the earth itself, has cause to fear our power to exterminate. But we are also the only species which, when it chooses to do so, will go to great effort to save what it might destroy"Wallace Stegner

2 Likes

Please search on YouTube for this song: “Stop Seismic Blasting Radio Edit by Emily Springsteen”. Thank you