Home | About | Donate

Human Rights Groups Demand Justice as New Details on DEA Spying Program Revealed

Human Rights Groups Demand Justice as New Details on DEA Spying Program Revealed

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

As new reporting by USA Today on Wednesday exposed the scope of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's two-decade secret surveillance operation against American citizens, dubbed USTO and first publicly revealed in January, a human rights organization filed suit for what it called unconstitutional overreach of government power.

The continuous process of expanding the definition of criminality allows a government to continuously prosecute on an expanding basis and in the end eliminate all opposition.

Problem is.....human nature cannot be suppressed.

It may take a millennia, but in the end despots fall of their own failed design.
When every spec of sand is a possible enemy, one misses the beauty of the beach.

Ignorance truly is the source of all suffering.....DEA What suffering have you wrought?

Sounds like this government wants to eliminate all competition to it's own drug running. We know from Iran-Contra, that drug-running on C-123's occurred via CIA to North America using the Bush Family's favorite smuggler: Barry Seal, through Arkansas (under the nose of gov Clinton), and that former LAPD narcotics officer Micheal Ruppert claimed CIA ran drugs into the USA. From wiki at the time:

On November 15, 1996, then Director of Central Intelligence John Deutch visited Los Angeles' Locke High School for a town hall meeting. At the meeting, Ruppert publicly confronted Deutch, saying that in his experience as an LAPD narcotics officer he had seen evidence of CIA complicity in drug dealing.[11]
Ruppert went on to become an investigator and journalist,[12] and established the publication From The Wilderness, a watchdog publication that exposed governmental corruption, including his experience with CIA drug dealing activities.[13]

The Barry Seal story is even more eye-popping:

Barry Seal

There was an account on the internet of Seal's Lawyer calling G.W.Bush's office on a secure line that he had with the white house threatening to expose Bush unless he sprung Barry out of jail right before he was killed, but I can't find it anymore. The widow had the recording of the call, IIRC, and she was told to lose it for the safety of her children after Barry Seal was assassinated.

Drug running by the gov went on in Vietnam and Afghanistan (or so I have read.) So I feel like this is a double standard of justice going on here. It's O.K for the Bush and Clinton Crime families to allow smuggling in pursuit of their grabs for power and money, but somehow not O.K. even for US citizens to decided for themselves what to put in their own body.

End all these KGB Alphabet-Letter government Agencies. We Left-Libertarians believe you need to have a weak central government or else you can't have Liberty.

The problem is that we do have a weak central government. The last time it was this weak was at the turn of the last century, and that was because it had been intentionally made weak at our beginning. If you recall, the robber barons were running roughshod over the entire nation, creating an American aristocracy and ruling class on the backs of workers (which included men, women and children) with the support of state-sanctioned violence.

Government has never been bigger and as weak as it is now, because corporations are running the place instead of We the People. A strong central government is necessary in a democracy/democratic republic so the peoples' voice can be heard and acted upon above the monied interests. Government can and should be smaller, but it should be strong enough that we can protect ourselves from corporate rule.

Sure lobo,

I agree with some of that. I want a social safety net and union worker's rights. But I don't want all this corporate pork. Fake Wars, bank-bailouts, corporate welfare, death squads and militarized police forces. It's too much. It's way too big. These huge alphabet agencies have run out of bad guys to chase and now view common citizens as the biggest threat to their existence. The Secretary of Defense just came out and said it was his mission to force TPP on the rest of the world (which will further destroy workers in the US, since courts and governments can't block their Kangaroo rules which they say trumps all countries constitutions.)

One HUGE corporate world government ruled from Wall Street Boardrooms run by the One Percent of Dynasty families RRR (Rothschild, Rockefeller, Royals).

Bigger is always Badder. This government is nothing but an arm of Robber Barons. We'd be better off with nothing than a pretend protective structure that always sells out workers and citizens. e.g., EPA allows mountain-top removal. NRC allows reckless nuke waste storage. FDA allows cancer causing GMO's to be unlabeled. The Supreme Court no longer has a citizen jury and always sells out the public. I could go on all day....