Home | About | Donate

Humpty Trumpty

Humpty Trumpty

Christopher Brauchli

“‘When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean-neither more nor less.’ ‘The question is’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’ ‘The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master-that’s all.’” — Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll

Yes indeed. We should be so lucky.

The US seems to have developed a unique political culture in which truth doesn't matter. What matters is who is speaking, whether it be Rush Limbaugh, Donald Trump, etc. Whatever that person says is to be believed. Contrary statements are taken as statements by the elite to further their own self-interest and ignore the interests of the "the people," almost all of whom just happen to be white.

Not to toot my own horn, or anything so presumptuous, but I first used the term 'Trumpty Dumpty' two or three weeks ago, and 'Humpty Trumpty' is such an obvious rip-off that – had I registered my alternative name for 'Tweetle Dumb' – I could hire one of his crooked lawyers and win million$ for copyright violation.  I'm an old fart (aka Curmudgeon) and not very skilled at using the web, otherwise I'd post a link to my previous post as proof of my assertion.  I'd be quite grateful if one of you more-skilled readers of CD could find it for me.  IIRC, it went something like this:
    Trumpty Dumpty shall trip on his wall
    Trumpty Dumpty will take a great fall
    All of his family and all of his men
    Should spend twenty years in the Leavenworth pen.

BTW, isn't Brauchi mis-quoting Carroll?   IIRC, Alice was arguing with Tweetle-Dumb, not Humpty-Dumpty,
and were I as skilled at cartooning as I am un-skilled at seaching CD I would modify the famous drawing of their "discussion" by substituting TIME magazine's drawing of stinky-diaper spoiled-baby Trump's face for
that of Tweetle-Dumb.*

Fester

* I first used the moniker 'Tweetle-Dumb' in reference to the rotting orange empty-headed Hallowe'en Jackass-O-Lantern several months ago.   How about some credit where credit is due??   OTOH, were I to publish said drawing, then Time magazine would probably have grounds to sue ME for copyright violation . . .