Home | About | Donate

Hundreds of Poor People's Campaign Activists Got Themselves Arrested for Racial Justice

Hundreds of Poor People's Campaign Activists Got Themselves Arrested for Racial Justice

Saurav Sarkar

It's been a busy several weeks on the bad news beat.

A white Yale grad student called the police on fellow grad student Lolade Siyonbola for napping while black. Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson were arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks for trespassing for sitting while black.

Late stage empire in the time of the t. I think of the t as a t of a crossroads. The wiggly-fingered media mantras have been geared for terrorizing of the domestic environment to distract from the colonizers doubling down on heavy handed extraction and destruction with impunity. Fear your neighbour (so the system can rip you off while you’re looking in the other direction). While that fear is being pumped, it gets tweaked to double down with a dash of demonization at varied intervals as needed. Forget the fact that the neighbor shares uncounted commonalities and mutual interests.

Think you’re scared? Think about the people (term applied loosely) abusing all of the different aspects of society and the consciences (connecting dots for a start) that need to be inserted and nurtured until the delusional thievery and manipulations cause a sweat to to break out and … ultimately a fear of trying to personally benefit from those abuses because the consequences far outweigh the gamble. THAT’S what makes me rub my hands together, smile, hunker down and get to it.
Connecting the dots is one of the greatest human games ever giving expression to our creativity. Time to double down and have some fun on behalf of the good fight.

To all my fellow “white” people: Get a grip, already! Stop calling the police about every little thing! I have observed more and more people doing this over the last few years, usually unnecessarily. Please stop blowing everyday irritations and imagined dangers all out of proportion. Once you involve the police, minor things can and do often result in tragedy.

And what, precisely, will you be hunkering down and getting to?
How will you have “fun” on behalf of the good fight?

Many if not most here are familiar with Howard Zinn’s peoples’ history of the US. “Racial justice” needs to reach back to our foundations. Here is an excellent introduction. Let me know what you think.