Home | About | Donate

'Hypocrisy and Horror': Outrage After Trump DOJ Clears Cleveland Cop Who Killed 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice

You may have hinted at an answer to cop abuse.
Attend board meetings. Get a vote on local issues. Run for aldermen and such. Maybe the bottom up approach is the only non violent way for change to happen.

1 Like

True! Like one of my progressive friends told me: " HOW CAN ONE EXPECT JUSTICE WHEN THE COURTS ARE UNJUST".

I don’t think licensing will help much, as you point out doctors have it, but too often they cover for each other when a bad/wrong decision is made during care, and usually try to throw the attending nurses or paramedics under the bus for the mistake. I’ve seen this happen a few times in the ER when a patient we brought in was stable, then all of the sudden became unstable after treatment started in the trauma room. This was back in the 1980’s and I’d like to believe things are different now, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

2 Likes

Drumpf DOJ approved child murder.

No accountability.

Wait years. Cover it up.

People know, if justice is denied, they’ll have to find it themselves.

But where?

1 Like

Be sure the rifling is clean.
;-})

You have a good point. Combat changes a man’s perspective on human life, and in most cases there is no going back. Serving in combat should disqualify former soldiers from serving as patrolmen.

2 Likes

I get the feeling that mayors in the US have lost control and fear their own police departments. The NYC police virtually kidnapped deBelosio’s daughter at a protest and deBlasio went on TV to call her an anarchist agitator to make nice with the boys in blue.

1 Like