Home | About | Donate

"I Apologize to No One" for Opposing Disastrous US Wars in Vietnam and Iraq, Says Bernie Sanders

"I Apologize to No One" for Opposing Disastrous US Wars in Vietnam and Iraq, Says Bernie Sanders

Jon Queally, staff writer

Following recent efforts by media outlets to paint a picture that his opposition to past U.S.

10 Likes

Thank you, Bernie!!! That clip needs to go viral!

21 Likes

Traitorous behavior…criticizing military industrial media infotainment complex’s (MIMIC) serial war profiteering !

16 Likes

This man could have been elected president in 2016, but thanks to the Clintonistas, we got Twump instead (palms face).

27 Likes

Again it disgusting how the media, in making these attacks on Mr Sanders , hide behind the cloak of “Support our troops” and Patriotism to defend the indefensible. The wars on Vietnam and on Iraq were crimes against Humanity. What they do would be no different than the press in Germany savaging people who did or do not support the wars waged by Nazi Germany.

These members of the media are among the lowest forms of life on this earth.

31 Likes

Come you masters of war
You that build the big guns
You that build the death planes
You that build all the bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin’
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it’s your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten all the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you sit back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
While the young people’s blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You’ve thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain’t worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I’m young
You might say I’m unlearned
But there’s one thing I know
Though I’m younger than you
That even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good?
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could?
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death will come soon
I’ll follow your casket
By the pale afternoon
And I’ll watch while you’re lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I’ll stand over your grave
'Til I’m sure that you’re dead

Songwriters: Bob Dylan

13 Likes

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.”
–Oscar Wilde

The warmongers no doubt will paint Bernie as unpatriotic. Keep standing your ground Bernie, as your fidelity to your beliefs is an inspiration. It is time to tear the windsocks from their posts and relegate them to history. Bernie 2020!

16 Likes

For the first time probably in my life, 70 yrs old, there are two credible anti-war candidates - Tulsi and Bernie. I thank them for bringing this message to the forefront and would be happy to vote for either one or both. There will no survival without peace.

27 Likes

Bravo to Bernard Sanders, the People’s President! Many supposed “progressives” berated and attacked him in the 2016 race (perhaps just to undermine his candidacy) for his perceived or manufactured failure of not attacking the war-machine openly, but they themselves failed to read between the lines (if they were honest) of a person who fought against such atrocities all his adult life for the most part - not cutting off ones nose to spite their own face, or committing political suicide before one has real power, is a wise choice when one struggles in that political cesspool arena of lies, corruption, and very powerful interests that can destroy opposition if they so choose. Bernie is a hell of a lot smarter than that, and the so-called “progressives” (who the Hell knows who they actually are in this electronic anonymous media?) helped in part to screw us all with the evil trump regime.

20 Likes

… and they will try doing it again

4 Likes

That’s why we have Biden “the most electable” crapper floating upwards like a miasmic vapor. He knows on which side his bread is buttered; in fact, he knows how to take the bread.

16 Likes

In other words, Biden has a longstanding corporate money addiction ( Rolling Stones SISTER MORPHINE playing in the background).

The Democrats need to enroll in a 12 step program for that…pronto.

8 Likes

Bernie, I have a lot of respect for you opposing the fascist, Amerikan, war mongers; they are the war criminals that need to apologize! Like 90 year old fascist, Kissinger and too many others to name here.

16 Likes

Make that the most SELECT ABLE!

6 Likes

Just asking: Why do the warmongers not paint Trump as unpatriotic and a traitor to his country when he had Fred, his father, use his influence to have his son avoid the Vietnam war, draft by having his stooge foot doctor claim he had " bone spurs".

7 Likes

he knows how to take the bread.

,…out of the mouths of the 99%

6 Likes

Well Bernie, here’s one guy and his pals who would disagree with you:

4 Likes

Quick! Get over to the UK let’s dig up Neville Chamberlain again. I’ll call the NYT to inform them of another anti war subversive.

Wait. Was that an aluminum tube?

4 Likes

It is good to hear someone other than myself refer to the Iraq invasion as a crime. My gut wrenches every time I hear someone flippantly refer to it as a big mistake. NO, it was a crime, followed by more crimes.

16 Likes

“Sticky Fingers” One my top 20 or so favorites.

1 Like