Home | About | Donate

'I Approved This Message': Trump Releases 2020 Campaign Ad With Completely 'Fabricated' Lie About Biden

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/28/i-approved-message-trump-releases-2020-campaign-ad-completely-fabricated-lie-about

1 Like

This is horrifying. Its what fascism looks like. Trump’s followers will believe it, Fox “news” will promote it. The oligarchs will continue to block climate change mitigation while everyone else’s attention is focused elsewhere.

7 Likes

I was happy to see the impeachment process get started but now am so done with it, ALREADY. The Dems will play all high and mighty with the Ukraine story and not go after ALL THE CORRUPTION AND OTHER CRIMES THAT TRUMP HAS COMMITTED WHILE IN OFFICE. And the repubs will muddy the waters to a degree that the American public won’t know which way is up. And then, on top of all that, the D’s will nominate a corporate/establishment/centrist hack who will then go on to lose to the rump, AGAIN, in 2020.

25 Likes

Just remember people, when a narcissistic , pathological lying POS wants to discredit your position , they will always blame/accuse you of the same exact thing they are guilty of.
Now ,apply this fact to Trumps recent statement that the Whistleblower and or whoever helped him or her is a SPY.
Then one or two days later Russia states they do NOT want their phone calls with trump to be released and it is reported that Trump told the russian envoy he met with in the White house that he wouldn’t mind if the russians meddled in america’s election.
Does that sound like a a man that is compromised and or a foreign assets? I think so.

7 Likes

How about Biden’s recorded own videos (3) where he admits to withholding the fund till the prosecutor is fired?

12 Likes

I see Joe’s hitched a ride on a “swift-boat”.

12 Likes

Let’s get this off our plate. Yes, the Obama administration, with Hillary and her PNAC toady girl Vicky Nuland at the helm, most certainly committed sleazy acts involving backing Nazi separatists in the Ukraine. Hunter Biden most certainly benefitted financially from dirty dealings. However, a Republican run senate and house had more than ample opportunity to bring light to any illegal acts involving Clinton, Biden, or any other democratic operative prior to, and after the 2016 election. But they didn’t, and I’m sure they were genuinely trying.
However, what this ad shows is a certain desperation. Why would trump and the RNC spend over 10 million on an ad buy to try and smear a primary candidate five months before the first state even votes?
Grandma used to say it was easy to tell who the guilty people were, as they were the ones acting guilty.

16 Likes

Who is the president right now?
Please, try to focus…

2 Likes

the swamp’s been drained all right. it’s now on capitol hill and 1600 pennsylvania ave.

but i’m ok w/any bad publicity that joe biden gets. he’s not only totally repugnant in his own right, but he’s the one candidate donald would certainly beat.

15 Likes

What puzzles me is, why is Trump attempting to eliminate from the primary, the one candidate that is likely to be easily defeated in the general?

I think he is betting that the democrats will double down in support of Biden. By doing so, the Dems will obviously be supporting corruption, which just makes his point. Then if nominated, Biden will be easier to take down in the general than he already was.

8 Likes

That is long term thinking. For now, he is just trying to say ‘look, it’s not just me, it’s everybody’ - same as with ‘Bill Clinton did worst’. That’s my take.

But really, to put things into perspective, there is a classy analysis from Hedges at Truthdig on this and the impeachment in general.

5 Likes

You couldn’t have possibly read the story. Risen is clear that Biden had the prosecutor fired. And clear that this prosecutor wasn’t investigating Burisma or any other corruption that needed investigation. I heard the Sara Chayes piece in the Atlantic (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/hunter-bidens-legal-socially-acceptable-corruption/598804/) was a good even handed look at the corruption of way too many politicians all over the world including our Democrats. The problem is we care a bit more than most republicans do even though they are just as or more guilty. It’s a mess.

3 Likes

Um… you did not read the article!

4 Likes

Umm… you also did not read the article!

4 Likes

So … in your opinion, are The Intercept and Common Dreams part of the MSM? Cuz that appears to be what you are saying. Do you think you are “intelligent people”?

4 Likes

It’s his first time here. Draw your own conclusion as to where he came from.

6 Likes

And who wasn’t impeached as Vice President when he pressured the Ukraine to fire the prosecutor by threatening to withhold aid? Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. A plague on both their houses

8 Likes

So you didn’t read the article. That makes you look small.

6 Likes

Trump is jumping the gun when he goes after Biden… idiot move of course. It may (or not) help
Biden lose the D nomination to someone else who might actually beat Trump.

5 Likes

“The truth behind that story has been lost in a swamp of right-wing opposition research” and you seem to be wallowing in it.

2 Likes