Home | About | Donate

'I Guess He's the Next to Be Fired': Even William Barr Says No Evidence of Widespread Voter Fraud

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/01/i-guess-hes-next-be-fired-even-william-barr-says-no-evidence-widespread-voter-fraud

So, I guess we should get ready for Acting AG Rudy Giuliani.

You’ve got to admit, all the scenarios in which Orangeman is scheming to leverage this legal clown jalopy for some self-interested end start to fall apart, to some degree, under close examination. Or even under the most cursory examination, like the makeup streaks down Rudy’s clown-jowls. Why are they doing this? We keep coming up with theories bearing some measure of rational motivation, because, well, wouldn’t it be terrible if it’s just sheer madness?

I remember Nixon in his final paranoid days in office, Reagan stewing in dementia behind Nancy, but I may not have yet experienced a chief executive quite this absolutely bonkers. Worrisome, I think, with nearly two months yet to run of Mr Toad’s Wild Ride.

17 Likes

LOL Donald Trump:

I think this is so funny… there is a saying that something is “Trumped up,” when it’s made of falsehood and lies…I find it amusing that your name Trump is added to the saying of TRUMPED UP ! I wonder where that started… well at least with Trump’s father, but maybe even more Trumps have trumped up facts throughout history! : )

9 Likes

Hi Aeph_Null;
I’m laughing about Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride! It was very funny part of the Wind In The Willows," and it’s wonderful that Toad had friends that even enjoy him as their weirdest friend. I don’t think Trump has any friends that like him though. Imagine that , a toad more popular than a president! : )

6 Likes

While Barr is an arch villain in that post, Rudy would simply be a clown.
But thank you for a reference to one of my very favorite childhood books.

4 Likes

Stock tip: buy Popcorn Futures now!

9 Likes

In my opinion, the short answer is: BECAUSE THEY ARE INSANE WITH POLITICAL POWER. Trump and his acolytes are AMERIKAN, FASCISTS much worse than even evil… Republicans!.

5 Likes

with all due respect to the attorney general, there hasn’t been any semblance of a Department of Justice investigation."

This may be an accurate statement. Barr may have simply gone through the motions to make it seem like the DOJ is looking into the ‘fraud’ in order to appease the whiny little baby drumpf. Once the flatulent gas bag wannabe president throws this guy under the bus we will likely see more and more repubs distancing themselves from the tiny hands gang and their mindless cult following.

5 Likes

Thank you for your levity. I’ll take the toad over a chump like Hair Hitler any day.

4 Likes

Wise, indeed! Maybe get some butter and salt futures, too.

1 Like

While Republicans are the embodiment of stupid, tRump and his brainless supporters are the embodiment of stupid AND evil.

4 Likes

Right now, the perogi progs are working hard in Georgia.
They do advise that Trump is not going away.
He owns the republican party. He passed every
measure they hold dear - and nancy signed off too.

Will Trump continue to have 45 minutes of every cable opinion channel hour?
Or will they pivot to real news, few panels, avoid saloon talkathons?

Stay tuned for Trump#2, coming your way every day to say hey!!

4 Likes

Actually, Trump’s niece, Mary Trump, nailed all of this in her tell-all book. Trump is Captain Ahab, and we’re all Moby Dick. He will fight to his final breath, even after we have President Biden. He’ll hold Covidiot rallies to say it’s all rigged, it’s all illegal, and he’s still President. Otherwise…and hold your breath on this one, he’ll have a full-blown psychotic break. He’s fighting his enemies in order to keep in his father’s good graces. It doesn’t matter that Fred Trump is organic matter now; he’s alive and well in his son’s mind. And may even be appearing to Trump in dreams or in both visual and audible hallucinations.
He’s also dealing with the ghost of Roy Cohn. And the ghost of his elder brother, Freddie, who died because of the abuse from his father. We have a real life version of Hamlet, and we all know how that ended…
William Barr, who has major Oedipus issues of his own, finally reached his moral limit and broken the Omerta. Gods, can we survive any of this until Trump is either medicated into calmness or put into an institution…

6 Likes

Trump is right though. If they threw out every vote where the person voted for the Democrats , as he seems to suggest should be done, he would have won the election in a landslide.

2 Likes

Okay, if there’s ever a question of where any phrase came from, the wannabe linguist in me just can’t resist trying to find out! So I went to my usual source, the Word Detective (the unfortunately late Evan Morris), and here’s what he had to say:

“There are two main senses of “trump” as both a noun and a verb in English. The older verb “to trump,” first appearing in the 14th century, means simply “to blow or sound a trumpet” (or, as we also say in fuller form, “to trumpet”).
“The other “trump” comes from card games, specifically the use of “trump” to mean a card which ranks above the others in play, i.e., a winning card. This “trump,” which first appeared in English in the 16th century, is simply a corruption of the word “triumph,” and the word seems to have been taken from a now-obsolete card game called “triumph” or (don’t ask me to explain this) “ruff.”
“The “winning card” sense of “trump” spawned a range of figurative uses, including the verb “to trump” meaning “to beat” or “to frustrate by impeding” (“Bob found that his co-worker’s access to Yankees tickets trumped his own diligence in the eyes of his boss”). By the 17th century, “to trump” was being used to mean “to bring forward, to allege” with the sense of concocting an allegation in order to gain an advantage over an adversary. From there it was a short jump to “trump” meaning “to forge, fabricate or invent,” and the “trumped-up charge” was born."

… So, there you have it – predating even the elder Trump by a few centuries, I’m afraid – but at least the Orangeman is keeping the phrase alive by adding his own shenanigans!

4 Likes

Thanks for the research!

If there are humans in 200 years, they will assume that “trumped up” originated with the outrageous fabrications of Donald Trump.

4 Likes

This is called cover your ass------Barr was at the WH today not with Trump but legal council because of pardons being sold???

For Barr the line was when Trump wanted Biden, Clinton, and Obama arrested-----people laugh at this ----but it is the first step to a coup----then you put the military in the other parties strong hold???

This man is a Traitor and at the very least should be dis-barred----he also carried out the extra judicial killing of Michael Reinoehl???

2 Likes

Ask yourself this, why was Rudy, a Republican hack, in charge of solid Democrat New York City, in time for the attack on the World Trade Center?

Lots to think about with that one.

2 Likes

the longer they draw it out, the longer trump can troll for “legal defense fund” donations

4 Likes

MSNBC, Rachel Maddow. Who I have only watched three times, including tonight.
$170 million income.
Some goes to RNC.
Rest goes to Donald as personal loot.
I do not know if this is taxable because it may be gift.

1 Like