Home | About | Donate

'I Have Not Resigned,' Says Federal Judge After AG Barr Tries to Oust Him

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/20/i-have-not-resigned-says-federal-judge-after-ag-barr-tries-oust-him

3 Likes

There is a typo in the headline based on a mistake in the text. Berman is NOT a judge.

3 Likes

Right.

It’s in the body of the piece, as well, so someone is very unclear on the concept.

But, in a country where cops are judges, juries and executioners, I suppose this sort of confusion is to be expected.

6 Likes

Barr and trump and the circle of evil are growing more dangerous by the hour as they feel power slowly being pulled from their talons.

12 Likes

Yes — Important to get this corrected, One or both titles are incorrectly given; both cannot be correct.

Enter Rod Sterling’s “Twilight Zone”.

A couple days ago, I wrote complaining that SEC was and is lax as market watchdog.
Barr finds this guy to bring in and head off investigations.
I do not think they are doing this for Rudy G.

4 Likes

Barr is a bad guy. His history and actions are deeply interconnected with HW Bush. Let that sink in… he has been a key player and confidant/fixer/hatchet man since the early 80s, very much involved in Iran Contra, very close to HW. He is more saavy and skilled and connected than Trump. I think there is a good chance Trump will go down but I don’t believe Barr will. My guess is that Barr is more connected and powerful than Biden, the Clintons, Clapper, Brennan. One more point/question: is Bolton criticizing Barr?

4 Likes

The funny thing is, Berman is a Trump supporter.

Michael Cohen wasn’t prosecuted by Berman, Berman recused himself from being involved.
Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman are still walking free – the impeachment came and went.

So fuck Berman, his protestations are crocodile tears from a Trump sycophant.

3 Likes

Barr serves the conservative agenda, he is the deep state, Trump is just a tool.

6 Likes

Now this, is just flat out retaliation for their investigation. Barr is acting like Trumps personal lawyer, he is the one that needs to be fired or impeached.

5 Likes

Barr should be in jail as should others who have given the middle finger to testifying. If the democrats or the courts haven’t done their jobs they too should be held in contempt, along with republicans doing the same.
I get visions of Mussolini and wife hanging upside down in the town square.

6 Likes

True. Welcome aboard! From my perspective, one of the very best progressive sites on the net with some of the most perspicacious commenters. If you agree with me, please financially support Common Dreams. The only flaw that I can see is for some reason, CD seems to be gatekeepers for 9/11, but that could be because they may have been threatened in some way and cannot talk about it.

5 Likes

Barr must be disbarred. His blatant corrupt acts warrant it.

Wake the Hell up Supremes.

5 Likes

The “deep state” is just the ruling class – the owners/controllers of the means of producing and distributing society’s essential goods and services – along with their functionaries in government. Chump, Barr, Pence, Bolton, Clinton, Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, Obama, Bush, Rice, Gore, Kerry, etc… they are all members or functionaries of the deep state/ruling class.

6 Likes

Not acting my progressive, friend Barr is Trumps personal lawyer, why else would Trump have selected Barr? Barr is the perfect corrupt attorney for Trump’s Mafiaocracy!

4 Likes

I think you could start out a trump supporter in 2016 and come to an awakening. You could also be a supporter in 2016 or perhaps now, but I don’t know how, and still follow the letter of the law. He clearly seems to have one of the few backbones standing without props made of gaslighting, smoke and mirrors and traitors in the legislative body.

2 Likes

following the money??

h-ttps://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/06/donald-trump-loans-deutsche-bank/

Certainly suspicious. And his son-in-law, Kushner borrowed 500 to 700 million dollars last summer from a middle east.

True enough, given that the 2016 alternative to an unproven Tweetle-Dumb was the known evil Krooked Hilliary and her coterie that included Dirty Debbie Duhbya-Ass.  Sleepy/Creepy Joe clearly isn’t any better than either Clinton, P’Loser, or O’Bummer – but the current pack of utterly evil hyenas in the executive branch, along with the worst of their hench­persons in the Senate, have GOT to go.

1 Like

And the Elite Tucker Carlson is bleating about a Democratic power grab?
The Republican Party is Orwell incarnate.
Whatever the Republican’s accuse progressives, liberals, Antifa, and even the Democratic Party of doing, they themselves do more so.
Hypocrites, and they go to church and know they are God’s children.
The Republican party is turning our country into a banana republic.

3 Likes