Home | About | Donate

"I Hope You're Happy": In Middle of NRA Speech, Trump Signs Order to Withdraw From Global Arms Treaty

"I Hope You're Happy": In Middle of NRA Speech, Trump Signs Order to Withdraw From Global Arms Treaty

Jake Johnson, staff writer

President Donald Trump announced during a speech to the National Rifle Association Friday that he is withdrawing the U.S. from a global arms treaty that aims to restrict the flow of weapons to human rights abusers.

"As the biggest arms exporter, the U.S. signature to the ATT was an important step towards ensuring that dangerous weapons stay out of the wrong hands."
—Adotei Akwei, Amnesty International USA

1 Like

I mean at this point it feels such an arms treaty was being all but ignored anyway. Just look at all the arms sales the U.S. has with Israel and Saudi Arabia. Again this is just removing the mask that the U.S. is anything resembling a decent and civilized country.

19 Likes

No way will he allow anyone to take the profits out of war and death.

7 Likes

“Come on Wall Street, don’t be slow
Why man, this is war au-go-go
There’s plenty good money to be made
By supplying the Army with the tools of its trade…”
–Country Joe Mc Donald

(not just the US Army, but EVERY-DAMN-BODY AND THEIR UNCLE)

9 Likes

O.K. This does it for me. I am climbing off the “indecision fence”:
IMPEACH HIS ASS…NOW!!!

6 Likes

By tuning into progressive media, sometimes I lull myself into believing that we are winning.

5 Likes

Could he be carrying out orders from the .01% to depopulate the world through violent means starting with his “shithole countries”?

4 Likes

What a pandering, shameless, right-wing piece of filth this Orange Pustule is. However, this appalling action of his will play very well with tens of millions of people and strengthen their support of him. This odious POS knows what he is doing to get ready for 2020. Gawd, how I loathe and despise Trump. However, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is right. Trump is not some evil anomaly. Rather he is a particularly odious symptom of something that has gone seriously wrong with our country, a change that has been coming on for decades. Rethuglicans play the long game and what they really want is to get back to the 50s - the 1850s. No women’s rights, no “minority” rights, and no regulations of any kind. A true white male’s capitalist paradise. Everything that this traitor in the Oval Office does is directed to that aim. He is garbage and he will go down as our worst president ever, a hideous excuse of a “leader” who was instrumental in turning the U.S. into a version of Late Rome.

12 Likes

The great George Carlin said it well - “The reason that they call it the “American Dream” is because you have to be asleep to believe it.” For a thorough examination of the decline of the U.S. empire read any of the trilogy of books by Dr. Morris Berman. The last book is entitled " Why America Failed". It is well researched and persuasive.

6 Likes

I’ve just watched the film “the last king of scotland”. Dump is looking more and more like idi amin every day. (Apart from the colour of course.)

2 Likes

This “man” is so ignorant- and clueless and dangerous. Yes, impeach like yesterday!

7 Likes

Yes, but then what doesn’t make sense if you want to depopulate then have free access to birth control! Instead they want to force women to make more behbuhs.

There was no ratification of the treaty by the Senate, therefore there was nothing to enforce.

Treaties aren’t binding on the US until ratified by the Senate

5 Likes

He is the epitome of “The Peter Principle”!!!

The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their “level of incompetence”.

Of course, I don’t know if the asshole has ever been competent at ANYTHING!

4 Likes

No surprise here.  The whole point of the NRA is to help the arms industry sell more weapons here in the U.S., and the treaty would have reduced their profits from exports – heaven forfend!!!

6 Likes

Correct. And put us on the shit hole country list, because that’s what we are.

3 Likes

Just one more idiot move in a long succession of idiot moves.

2 Likes

Then he would lose his evangelical base…

Maybe the problem is that liberals have bought into the oligarchy propaganda that arming themselves (to defend against it) would not be the Christian thing.

https://theliberalgunclub.com

1 Like

If nothing else at least progressive media does tell us that there is indeed a good fight worth doing. I pity the poor fools who rely on mainstream media and are mired in indoctrination.

5 Likes