Home | About | Donate

I Just Want To Live

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/05/29/i-just-want-live

5 Likes

Why, Abby, is this article not front-page CD? Don’t the editors believe we need this salve?

I’m grateful for the article and for Abby. I forwarded the article on to several folks.

5 Likes

I agree with Toni, thank you for this piece which expresses some of the goodness that can be seen in this country.

5 Likes

Infuriating to see Obama mentioned in this article. The man responsible for the militarization of the police force during his tenure in office.

Facts and truth matter.

5 Likes

When every hedge fund manager, Wall Street gambler, K Street lobbyist, bankster, gated community resident, takes a knee, cuts their hair, wears sack cloth and ashes, with genuine contrition and lamentation for their part in this mess. When they acknowledge their part in the massive inequality in our culture. When they truly say, from the depths of their hearts, “Mea Culpa. Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima culpa” and then join us in building a society based on partnership and equality, then I will say we have a chance. Otherwise, those of us who are lamenting the needless murders and wasted lives, the trillions spent on weapons but very little on genuine help for major issues…we’re subjects of their laughter and jokes.

5 Likes

I truly do agree with you. I just needed a tiny drop of balm.

2 Likes

“Am I Neckst!”

That “goodness” always comes from below. It rarely comes from those deemed the leaders or “the cream of society”.

1 Like

It akin to trotting out George W bush to speak against needless wars and designing policy around faulty intel.