Home | About | Donate

I’m an Abortion Provider in a Red State, and I Expect the Attacks on Reproductive Freedom to Intensify in Trump’s America

I’m an Abortion Provider in a Red State, and I Expect the Attacks on Reproductive Freedom to Intensify in Trump’s America

DeShawn Taylor

If we take President Donald Trump at his word, his administration will try to implement policies that will be a sustained assault on the constitutional rights of all Americans, particularly its most vulnerable. In the run-up to Inauguration Day, the ACLU is publishing first-person essays by authors from communities who will be affected by President Trump’s policies if he follows through on his promises.

We make movies about men in war, showcasing their courage.

Sometimes, courage is shown by just living your life. Stay strong, DeShawn Taylor. I suspect the next few years will be uglier than we can imagine.

Come on up to a blue state where you should not be harassed.

Stay strong over there. After they get Justice Cruz on the Court, we'll be living in your world. Mitch McConnell has promised a federal ban as soon as the option becomes available.

What planet are you living on again?
I am in the bluest city in one of the bluest states -
Planned Parent hood is picketed regularly by paid protesters, and visitors harassed.

Interesting, but of course they are paid. Have not heard of protesters at pph in years.

It smacks of being unconstitutional to me.

Why is war okay with the Republicans yet abortion is not? There are invaders from the outside and also from within the body. They must be destroyed. Does Trump justify bombing a Middle Eastern
school or hospital by calling it "pro choice"?

You are right: both Hillary and Obama support war and abortion. Good to hear that you believe Trump will be consistent. No abortion and no war. Wow, hadn't heard that. With all the generals and war profiteers on his new cabinet, looks like war is on the agenda. His stance on abortion keeps changing but after all it's just another enemy, another inconvenience.