Home | About | Donate

I’m an Undocumented Taxpayer. Here’s How My Taxes Are Used Against My Values.

I’m an Undocumented Taxpayer. Here’s How My Taxes Are Used Against My Values.

Layidua Salazar

Tax Day is here and with it comes the reminder of my status in the United States as an undocumented taxpayer—meaning someone who doesn’t have a legal pathway to citizenship, despite having temporary protection from deportation and a work permit—and where the fight to fund my constitutionally protected reproductive rights truly stands.

From the article:

“Talk about taxation without representation!”

Meanwhile, weapons contractor General Electric, among far too many others, has paid net zero federal taxes for decades—in some years, even getting rebates. Representation without taxation is tyranny too.

With that said, this article is a most eloquent refutation of the Kochsucker canard that the undocumented are freeloaders. It deserves a much wider audience.

Without a doubt, the real tax deadbeats are American born corp’s. About 8-9 yrs. ago the Pillsbury co. received about 12 million in taxpayer money to advertise their products in Europe, while they were very profitable and paying no taxes here.

Stop the wars. Then there is money for lots of things. Most people don’t value the wars.

Good grief- and people wonder why the rate of mental illnesses goes up and up!