Home | About | Donate

'I Used to Do It Personally': Philippines President Boasts About Killing Suspects

'I Used to Do It Personally': Philippines President Boasts About Killing Suspects

Nika Knight, staff writer

President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines on Wednesday bragged about personally murdering suspected criminals when he was mayor of Davao city.

"In Davao, I used to do it personally. Just to show the guys that, if I can do it, why can't you?" Duterte told a group of business leaders in Manila, according to CNN.

The recent Newsweek article by Kurt Eichenwald has lots in interesting stuff on Trump's ties with the Philippines and other nations. It's my guess that Putin is first in line to run US foreign policy, but Duterte and so many others will also have a say.

Seems like a representative US ally.....................

"The U.S. has also suspended an aid package to the Philippines over Duterte's rights abuses, it was reported Thursday" I wonder what hidden or military aid is still in the pipeline - seems like those pipelines, like oil & gas pipelines take a long time to turn-off.............

Your guess lacks any proof.

Read the Newsweek article and then tell me there is no proof: http://www.newsweek.com/2016/12/23/donald-trump-foreign-business-deals-jeopardize-us-531140.html

New world order: the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

So what? Our democratically elected Democratic President does the same with his drones, but outsources the button. What's the difference?

I'm sure that Trump is probably irritated that someone else beat him to the punch, but then again, it gives Trump "legal" precedent when he starts in here, just like Nisei internment in the US in 1942 gives him a precedent for opening the Bush concentration camps to intern Muslims, for a start...
;-})

Hey luv bunny, the guy is bragging about it. So he's what? Demonizing himself? Bragging?

Either way, pretty yucky.

And the guilt for this monster goes directly to the USA, the country who allowed itself to be used as the NARC of the world at the hands of one man.

Since I cannot edit. Anslinger not only is responsible for enacting marijuana prohibition nationally, but also for his influence on UN/world. Our friends in Saudi Arabia behead marijuana smugglers/dealers, and equate it with murder, rape, witchcraft.

Anslinger made it a race war on Mexicans, emigrating for jobs and a bit of freedom. Thus, he actually, unknowingly, did his part in writing the Handbook for the Southern Strategy, which Nixon, among others, so well defined:

"You want to know what this was really all about? The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."--John Ehrlichman, Nixon's top aide.

Must be doing wonders for the Phillipines tourism industry. A "democratic" country too, I should imagine. Right wing monsters everywhere being "elected". What horrific, malignant force is behind all this?

You beat me to it...