Home | About | Donate

'I Want To Kill Muslims': Man Arrested After Plowing into London Worshipers

'I Want To Kill Muslims': Man Arrested After Plowing into London Worshipers

Common Dreams staff

In an attack British law enforcement are treating as "terrorism," a 48-year-old white man in London plowed his van into a group Muslim worshipers outside a mosque early Monday, killing one and injuring at least ten others.

Racism the poor man's aristocratic arrogance

Actually, there's ample evidence that racism is really about access to resources, be it jobs, public funds, etc. The powers that be use it to keep "the little people" distracted and divided so that we don't focus on what is really going on in the world.

Thank you to the spirit within the imam and the worshippers that prevented this violence from triggering further violence on the spot.

The Trump regime shows us our collective shadow: our tendency to respond to violence with utter selfishness.

To see anything that inhibits us from immediately getting what we want for "me and mine" as violence.

To deny the evidence of the violence "we" author.

To "stand aside" while violence is present, deluding ourselves that we can be "neutral," and thus, feeding it.

And, at last, sickened by our own Self-deceptions, we decide that since we can't beat them--those violent "others"--we'll just have to join them.

Violating our own deepest Nature makes us hurt so much we eventually lose the willingness to feel at all. But not feeling feels so bad that we turn to the rush of violence to feel alive again....

Each and all must wrestle with these primal tendencies. Each and all must open to the divinity within who dwells in, integrates and transforms them.

Thanks to all those working so beautifully in this critical terrain now. Thanks to those who worked hard there before us. Thanks to all who are coming after, bearing the Knowledge of who we will be as we further devote ourselves to this Work.

Although Trump never actually says so, his actions are the perfect recipe for realizing robber baron Jay Gould's dream that "half of the working class kills the other half".

Global civil war ?

The orange oaf's silence speaks volumes about where he stands on the persistent assault on Muslims. Were he to address this tragedy on twitter, it would probably be detrimental to our deteriorating image under his imperious reign of bigotry. Any condolences from him would be words without meaning/substance.

Blessings to those victims. We are all one: " Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." and the pain we inflict reverberates beyond the scene of the crimes/cruelty.

It is a tool of the 1% to point out that the minorities are catching up on the poor whites and they need to step down on those minorities.

Amen!

I would rather 'kill' the irrationality of hate.

Those are the bludgeons used to split the poor whites and the immigrants. They are the words and pictures used to divide working class people to get them to blame each other for their problems when the real problems are created at the top where the edifices of a purchased government continuous to create homelessness, joblessness and beggars To solidify the control.

I am speaking for rhe many who deplore this cowardly act. Bless those who were injured or killed, prayers are with you all.

I hear you, but there's no divinity within me any longer. I hope I live long enough to see rump's ox get good and gored and the Orange Cabal, aka, swamp, drained into oblivion.

What do you expect from a so called civlised Brit? Native Brits must learn to respect and tolerate those who are different. Stop treating foreigners like garbage and they will stop ruining your precious country. Why did you let them in in the first place if you didn't want them here? They left everything in their countries because of your promises. Are you so anxious to please that you can't say "no"? I would love to see you go to a foreign land where you don't have any friends, you don't even know anyone and you don't speak the language, and start from scratch. I would just LOVE to watch you do that. Let them integrate and stop segregating them. What I want is people being nice to each other. I don't care about race.

Worshipers could have easily killed the terrorist but they did not behave like British police who shot dead the three Muslim terrorists at London Bridge. What a way to go?

Well start with yourself then instead of spitting irrational, nonsensical, delusional hate.