Home | About | Donate

I Was Jailed for my Trafficker’s Death. I’m Free Now—But Other Women Languish.

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/12/26/i-was-jailed-my-traffickers-death-im-free-now-other-women-languish

1 Like

It would seem that if girls were sex trafficked at a very young age—and therefore be powerless--------if they finally fought back against their abuser-----why wouldn’t this be self defense?So many of kidnapped little children seem to die so young too. ( :

2 Likes

Isn’t this Cyntoia the same woman - girl- who shot her “john” dead in cold blood? Murder is murder, no matter what!

And yet, if it was YOUR daughter - or wife, or someone else you loved who was repeatedly abused and/or farmed off to others to essentially be raped - and THEY fought back in the only means available to them… I wonder how you would feel then? Personally, I don’t feel men get to make such judgements about this dynamic, seeing as how, generally speaking, men seem to feel they have the right to impose themselves physically or financially or via regulation against women and girls; if you want to invoke the law, let’s see them face at least a jury of their PEERS, as in OTHER WOMEN, who would likely be a lot more understanding of the utter degradation and personal violation such situations involve. Are you aware that ONE IN TEN women are raped by intimate partners during their lifetimes? Does this sound like men are respectful of women and consider them equals?

2 Likes

Well, david ,at least you didn’t get the usual , “you shouldn’t take the law into your own hands “ crap.
Who else is going to protect these woman , certainly not the law that favors the criminal over the victim.
Bravo Cyntoia !

2 Likes

Really? You can Stand Your Ground in Florida and shoot blacks but women aren’t allowed to stand their ground when repeatedly raped tortured and abused ?

1 Like