Home | About | Donate

I Went to Mexico to Meet Asylum-Seekers Trapped at the Border. This Is What I Saw.

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/10/28/i-went-mexico-meet-asylum-seekers-trapped-border-what-i-saw

1 Like

Anybody here believe in Karma?

3 Likes

Liberal tears. America is not the only country able to help migrants. We are not a welfare country.

2 Likes

They seek refugee status in the US and wind up in hell. Thanks, Trump.

This is in MEXICO!!
How is it NOT the responsibility of the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT??

How MANY that are decrying this situation are WILLING to take these people into their OWN HOMES??
I would wager VERY FEW!

1 Like

Thanks for going down there and letting us know what it looks like. What a wonderful question you ask: “How will we respond to their suffering?” One group that people can check out that I know is doing good work to help this situation is Raices. There have to be others as well.

Hi Jade_Marks:

America should be more like Cuba. Cuba doesn’t send armies to conquer nations----they send doctors to heal people—not harm them. We are not a welfare country, because America cuts welfare- benefits to its own citizens—we are becoming a heartless nation though.

2 Likes

Chills ran up my spine and my spine felt contorted when I first heard the story of children being separated from their parent in a nondescript building in Brownsville, Texas. Years ago I read “Cauldron of Blood: The Matamoros Cult Killings,” by Jim Schutze. My mind went to a conspiracy theory. Why would a secret child detention facility choose Brownsville, Texas? Maybe the biggest cult is on the United States side of the border. Has anyone read “The Franklin Scandal: A Story of Powerbrokers, Child Abuse & Betrayal” by Nick Bryant?
“Bless the beasts and the children for in this world they have no choice, they have no voice,” sang Karen Carpenter.
“Wake Up Everybody.” Time to start a new day. No more backward thinking.

United States is having major disasters, homeless crisis, poverty of its own citizens.FEMA is running out of funds to help citizens losing all in massive fires, floods,hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes.
How can we continue to take on climate change, massive amt of refugees, asylum seekers??

1 Like

I have worked and lived in Mexico and if you expect one of the most corrupt governments in the whole world to give a damn about it’s own citizens, my friend you are sadly mistaken.