Home | About | Donate

'I Would Have No Choice': McConnell Says Senate Will Try Trump If Impeached, Gives No Timeline on Process

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/30/i-would-have-no-choice-mcconnell-says-senate-will-try-trump-if-impeached-gives-no

1 Like

If Moscow Mitch were to stall here as well, it’s time to throw in the towel and redo the constitution.
If it don’t work, fix it.

If Moscow Mitch were to stall here as well, it’s time to throw in the towel and redo the constitution.
If it don’t work, fix it.

Well, that’s why conservatives have been pushing so hard for decades for a constitutional convention, isn’t it? They despise the Constitution as written, and you can be certain that all of that would be fixed in the new one. We would have biblical law, we would be a Christian Oligarchy, Handmaid’s Tale nightmare.

Oh, and we’re only a couple of states away from that right now…

8 Likes

Shiff cannot ‘parody’ any more. That blunder last week costs him creditability. Now, both he and ranking member have meager standing.
Moscow / China M from KY may assign to Grassley’s committee for a very - very - very long literature survey, schedule hearings, hold hearings (rehearsed the night before) and committee votes up or down.
If down, back to abnormal.
If up, Trump has lost the republican voters confidence. Goner.

leave the constitution alone, although the 25th needs a tweak, not a tweet.

Shiff cannot parody anymore. Let’s just say, the last two to face his committee should have been charged with contempt along with a few before that. Shiff is too whimpy. By design or not.

4 Likes

McConnell…" I have no problem with having a vote on impeachment, we have the majority to vote it down".

2 Likes

Shiff does get his dander up when in front of the cameras.

May be a west coast cultural thingy.

1 Like

If the Dems were a real opposition party at the level they need to be, McConnell would already be impeached or otherwise removed, because he too is a traitor and criminal.
His wife is a foreign agent, influencing federal and state governments with dirty money direct from her family’s Chinese cocaine shipping empire.
She’s also guilty of other malfeasance, and some of it includes Moscow Mitch.
Get rid of Mitch while getting rid of Trump, Pence, Barr, etc.

7 Likes

NOTHING is going to happen. There will be NO impeachment of Donald Trump. Remember the big investigation into Jeffrey Epstein’s suicide?? Yeah me either. People need to wake up. Just like Robert “Weapons Of Mass Destruction” Mueller’s report. NOTHING WILL BE DONE NO ONE WILL BE IMPEACHED. The Dems need to get back to work. It’s almost like the Dems want to lose in 2020.
You heard it hear first. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN to TRUMP. Once this blows over there will be another distraction…

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but these are GOP talking points.
Mueller’s report proved obstruction of justice and resulted in jail terms for various Trump gang members, as well as evidence of Trump suborning perjury and making illegal hush money payments.
The Dems are working. They keep passing legislation in the House and the GOP keeps killing the legislation in the Senate.
Impeachment isn’t a distraction. Trump needs to be purged now, not 2020.

6 Likes

Might be able to take it a full ten minutes. “This impeachment is convened. Aaannnnnnndddddd…okay. Innocent. Adjourned. Drinks on me!”

1 Like

Not to be a jerk, but I hardly “heard it here first”. And neither did you. Half the internet’s long staked out this position.

2 Likes

If the democrats nominate biden they will most certainly lose in 2020.

8 Likes

This could just be mitch telling the rump to resign before we get that far. One can only hope.

6 Likes

I agree; this could be his “sign”, as it were. Ol’ Moscow is, I believe, is scared, as are some other Repulsivecans, and willing to put on the illusion of a trial just to make it look as though they care about laws and ethics. Let’s face it: it’s the perfect smoke for his/their base, who couldn’t reason their way out of a paper bag.
(Man, I hate being so cynical, but the facts…)

5 Likes

Yeah, MOSCOW MITCH would have to hear the impeachment articles once the House passed them. But, no where in the Constitution does it claim that those articles must be dealt with in a certain time period. I suggest to you people— Remember Merrick Garland???

3 Likes

mcconnell is an Asshole

2 Likes

With the CIA looking at his behind. We can only hope they go all JFK MLK RFK on him soon…

2 Likes

Well, this is America, and citizens are getting rowdy----although since the Epstein man was offed, who knows who’s really in charge----although I’m sure someone will be offed, whether it’s Trump or Mitch or yet another unnamed psycho. Congress can get pretty rowdy too, as there was that one senator I think, who beat another one to death with a cane right there in the Senate—although that was long ago-----when everyone actually had a gun too.

1 Like

Oh wait, here’s a link google this:
" The caning of Senator Charles Sumner…".he didn’t die after all , but the House guy beat him almost to death and then walked away…it took a while for Sumner to recover—so my bad, he didn’t die and nothing really happened to the angry cane man of the House, although he did die later at 37. After he beat the Senator he was reelected----this sounds like the insane Congress we have now, that are so into thei own r party that they forget about the people!: (

2 Likes