Home | About | Donate

'I Wrote the Damn Bill': Bernie Sanders Shuts Down Tim Ryan on Debate Stage

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/30/i-wrote-damn-bill-bernie-sanders-shuts-down-tim-ryan-debate-stage

2 Likes

My god, every person on stage except Sanders and Warren all sound like Nixon republicans who want to tell us what we can’t do, and then kill Santa Claus.
You can tell from this ugly performance from the “moderate” candidates that the DNC and the big money have already decided…
Sanders and warren must be marginalized immediately if not sooner. Yet they don’t hear the crowd, or read the polls. The democratic electorate is far more liberal than the DNC/clintonite cronies.
No Sanders, no Warren, equals 4 more years of Trump.

23 Likes

Just who the bleep is this Ryan character? Is that name a curse or something? SINCE he doesn’t have the sense to do his damn homework before a presidential primary debate, he is not qualified to run the country. Case closed. But The Media will undoubtedly resurrect him multiple times to enhance the drama.

11 Likes

Yeah, on the healthcare issue, it’s clear the rest (except for Williamson) are there to bash Sander’s and Warren’s on M4A. Delaney is nothing more than a insurance corp. shill. Hell he even admitted it on stage.

8 Likes

I just sent Bernie another $27

I vote on positions and track record on those positions. Fuck these Corporate whores

Bernie 2020

16 Likes

Kudos to Bernie for shutting down Ryan.

Marianne Williamson just questioned why some of those on the stage with her, are Democrats, as they advocate for the corporations more than they advocate for the people.

19 Likes

Because they actually ARE Republicans

Chris Hedges -

Let’s be clear. The Democratic Party under Bill Clinton transformed itself into the traditional Republican Party, and the Republican Party moved, was pushed, so far to the right it became insane.

and…
In a interview reported in the Hill, Obama admitted:

“… back in the 1980s, I would be considered a moderate Republican,” he told Noticias Univision 23 in a White House interview.

the Democratic Party is pushing Republicans lying about who they are. It’s got to stop

14 Likes

I fear you are correct. The Corporate DemocRATS want a ticket of Biden & Harris or Biden and Booker to make sure the DemocRAT party still gets more than enough $$$ from Wall St., Big Banks, Big Pharma, Big Insurance, and War Profiteers.

9 Likes

Actually, I think the corporate Democrats (far-right) are preparing us for a Biden/Warren or Clinton/Warren ticket – that will get all the left of center rubes presently falling for Warren’s BS to get in line for the warmongering, neo-McCarthyite “lesser” of two unmitigated evils… which will only guarantee future (and worse) Trumps down the road.

5 Likes

Just keep eliminating those minor also-rans, and you do all of Democratic-dom a favor, centrist and progressive alike.The sooner we get it down to Biden vs. Harris vs. Warren vs. Sanders, the better it is for focusing our resources.

1 Like

Tim Ryan looked very handsome tonight.

Ryan.

If he makes the third debate I pray Mike Gravel is there to give him the final knock out after Tulsi and Bernie’s ONE TWO!

8 Likes

I would support Andrew Yang. None of the others.

1 Like

Yang is a joke. He barely talked in the first debate, why should we expect anything tomorrow?

3 Likes

Bernie should delineate himself better. He should have emphasized his positions before running for President are consistent with his positions for decades before running for President.

Warren has recently announced a break in her pledge to not take corporate fundraiser money: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rubycramer/elizabeth-warren-fundraising-dnc

Bernie could have brought that up and attacked Biden for being a corporate shill from the get go.

7 Likes

Bernie 2020 !!! Is all I have to say. Are you with me ?

5 Likes

I had to turn off cnn and msnbc as they try to make the case for status quo corporate whores !

4 Likes

Bernie Sanders for President in 2020! You lie? Goodbye! Vote `em out! Peace

3 Likes

I cannot stand the way the MSM does so-called debates. I cannot stand the way the MSM then analyzes them. Tired of the BS talk about pragmatism and ‘how the system works.’ The system does not work. The existing system cannot deal with the challenges we are having now and what we will soon face. That is the point of why we need system change. I’m for the candidate who recognizes that and is willing to change.

11 Likes

Chris Matthews the one-man Bernie basher who loves the status quo corporate Dem party.

4 Likes