Home | About | Donate

ICE Form Confirms Children Being "Held Hostage" to Force Asylum-Seeking Parents to Relinquish Legal Rights

ICE Form Confirms Children Being "Held Hostage" to Force Asylum-Seeking Parents to Relinquish Legal Rights

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Following anecdotal reports last week that the Trump administration had started "using children who have been taken from their parents as pawns—to get detained immigrants to agree to their own deportations and drop their asylum cases," an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) form obtained and published by CNN and

Trump should have his children taken and locked up in cages and made to sleep on concrete floors.

Whatever future awaits these children must not be determined by this monstrous administration.

These forms are being signed under duress, meaning a judge should render them null and void.
Coming from a fed. agent, I would think this would be illegal, and all involved should be arrested and charged.

ReconFire –
These forms are being signed under duress, meaning a judge should render them null and void.
Coming from a fed. agent, I would think this would be illegal, and all involved should be arrested and charged.

Agree, this is certainly not free will …

Although a federal judge last week ordered the reunification of migrant children and parents forcibly separated under the Trump administration’s so-called “zero tolerance” policy, attorneys for detained migrants told journalists that their clients are being presented with a form (jpg) that features only two options:

I am requesting to reunite with my child(ren) for the purpose of repatriation to my country of citizenship.

Or:

I am affirmatively, knowingly, and voluntarily requesting to return to my country of citizenship without my minor child(ren) who I understand will remain in the United States to pursue available claims of relief.

As NBC explained: "Asylum law dictates that immigrants should be allowed to make an asylum claim before a judge even if they have been given an order of deportation. Immigration rights advocates say forcing parents to choose immediately between leaving the country with or without their children means they are effectively prevented from asking for asylum."

We should all also be aware of the propaganda they have tried to use against these asylum seekers as “animals, rapists, terrorists.” This is from an age-old playbook of their many uses of hate-filled propaganda to dehumanize others. And is still in use because it has most often succeeded to make those they label unworthy of anything but intolerance and punishment.