Home | About | Donate

If Democrats Don’t Go Bold With Social Reform Right Now, Then When?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/27/if-democrats-dont-go-bold-social-reform-right-now-then-when

1 Like

Then, they face losing. Again.

6 Likes

Reverend Jackson, please take your own advice.

Stand boldly on the stage with Bernie and shout your message – and his – from the highest rooftops.

17 Likes

Bernie did it for him in 1988. Where is Jesse when Bernie could use him?
(By the way, note Bernie is saying the SAME THINGS now about making a better place for “We the People” thirty -one years ago!!!

11 Likes

The elected officials are against reform, almost to an individual. “When” mostly has to be “When we remove them.”

A good start for Jackson here might be standing for Sanders, who is at least in favor of many reforms.

10 Likes

We the People must make it clear, that there’s no longer any room for two corporate political parties in this country.

7 Likes

The very sad news is…they are just fine with that.

4 Likes

The very sad news, is that, in the game of politics, at least this last time around, most everyone loses unless they’re part of the problem.

I’m afraid that for the rest of my life, there will never be a good outcome for the masses, as both party’s establishments are bought and paid to service to chosen few at the top of the food chain.

I regret being negative to the point of cynical, however, when 95% of the voting electorate keeps supporting these two corporate parties, well, in a word, we’re all screwed.

4 Likes

Spoiler alert: They will never. They have no incentive to. This is why we need people, by the millions, to be protesting in the streets against the duopoly.

5 Likes

Which is a testament to Bernie’s consistency, his commitment to principles he believes in and has for decades advocated and worked for.

Thanks for including this.

8 Likes

My pleasure, Tennegon. I do whatever I can to help his cause.
Unlike the following which TRULY upsets me:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aubrey-huff-sons-guns-bernie-sanders-181338186.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

2 Likes

“In an era of widespread deceit, telling the truth is considered a radical act” - George Orwell

Please count me in among the “radicals”.

6 Likes

That’s what cowardice gets you. Dems should have gone with Sanders in 2016, not waited until a large portion of America suddenly decided that the Dems have been “pulled too far to the left,” which couldn’t be further from the truth. On the other hand, the net on the political tennis court has been pulled so far to the right (literally), so that the Dems now only have a small field of influence to play with whereas the GOP can smash a ball high and wide while blindfolded and insure it will land within the lines. At this point, we would have to kick and scream to get the net back to the center…let alone to the left of that, where it really needs to be for us all to have a chance as a society.

3 Likes

Yes! We need respected black leaders like Jesse to help black voters in key states come to realize that Biden is not on their side.

7 Likes

I’m always curious about the use of language.

We have left-wing Democrats and we have centrist (or corporate) Democrats.

But I never seem to read anything identifying right-wing Democrats.

Does it mean that the Democrat right-wing is actually the Republican Party?

On the continuum Republican ideology begins at Democrat ‘centrism’ and ‘moderate’

3 Likes

This is more common sense from the man who should have been elected President in 1988, imho.

2 Likes