Home | About | Donate

If Elected in 2020, Sanders Vows to 'Go to War With White Supremacy and White Nationalism in Every Aspect of Our Lives'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/18/if-elected-2020-sanders-vows-go-war-white-supremacy-and-white-nationalism-every

4 Likes

On the other hand, echoing Trump’s comment that there are ‘some very fine people on both sides’, Biden said:

“There’s an awful lot of really good Republicans out there. I get in trouble for saying that with Democrats, but the truth of the matter is, every time we ever got in trouble with our administration, remember who got sent up to Capitol Hill to fix it? Me. Because they know I respect the other side.”

His comments also made clear that one reason he is the candidate that the establishment is likely to have selected as the nominee, is the fact that he is the alternative to a ‘revolution’:

"If you start off with the notion there’s nothing you can do, well why don’t you all go home then, man? Or let’s start a real physical revolution if you’re talking about it.

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/457838-biden-theres-an-awful-lot-of-really-good-republicans-out-there

3 Likes

“Too many people have fought over the years, too many people have died against racism to allow it to resurface and flourish in America. We will go to war against white nationalism and racism in every aspect of our lives.”

That’s right–No Platform For Racists!

It is time we considered dismantling the sickness that makes for all this bigotry and inequality possible: Capitalism.

9 Likes

proud boys rally in Portland - a pride of spoiled losers just like Trump.

Trump wants to label Antifa a terrorist group. Why? Because they strike terror in the fascists? Antifa - Anti-fascist. They don’t exist if there was not a desire to protect from the fascists - the true terrorists.

9 Likes

Inclusion, there can only be US because all of our shadows are the same. As Bernie keeps saying this is about US, all of US. Yes, even those that do not understand this. In reality it isn’t about race, it’s roots are in inequality. The Nordic Model reduces this and the basis for the Nordic Model is in FDR’s Second Bill of Rights which the New Green Deal echo’s. It is a package deal for all of us.

5 Likes

People don’t seem to realize that this is what Bernie Sanders did on the South Side of Chicago many decades ago. It’s one thing to be a politician and say “I feel your pain.” It’s another to be there.

11 Likes

Racism and white supremacy are woven into the fabric of the USA. It has been that way since ships filled with racists and religious fanatics landed on Plymouth Rock. It was institutionalized by our “founding fathers” ( all white men) when they designed the New Republic to quite literally enshrine racism and white supremacy into the constitution and the bill of rights, and insuring the survival of racism and white supremacy by making sure that two of the three branches of government, the Senate and the SCOTUS, would always be there to represent the views of the racists and white supremacists, even if they stopped being the majority.
That is where we are today. Because the Senate has given ultimate power to the Minority, and that same senate chooses who serves on the SCOTUS and appellate courts, and an “electoral college” that further solidifies the power of the minority, these oldest of American values, racism and white supremacy, will be with us for some time.
People keep asking this question, “how do we save our republic?” when what we need to be asking is, whether we should. The Koch bothers political network has but one goal these days, get control of a 34th state so that they can declare a constitutional convention. I say more power to them. Short of an all out civil war, that is the only way things will change. The racist/fascist/rube states want their own nation. Let them have one. And then the rest of the states, representing the true majority of Americans can then break away and form a republic worthy of our 21st century diversity.
This tired old republic has run its course. It was doomed to failure before John Hancocks signature was dry. Let it go.

4 Likes

FDR, Eisenhower, Churchill, My Father and Uncle, Everyone who fought in WWII for the Allies WERE ANTI-FASCIST. and ANTI-NAZI

Trump, and anyone who supports or makes excuses for Nazi’s or Fascists, is pissing on the graves of every Soldier, who fought in WWII.

No one, on the Allies side, fought and died in WWII so that Fascism and Nazi’s could run free in America. They fought and died TO WIPE FASCISM AND NAZI’S OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH!

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.”

― Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Fascism is capitalism plus murder.”
― Upton Sinclair

“A fascist is one whose lust for money or power is combined with such an intensity of intolerance toward those of other races, parties, classes, religions, cultures, regions or nations as to make him ruthless in his use of deceit or violence to attain his ends.”
― Henry Wallace

“Are you a communist?"
“No I am an anti-fascist”
“For a long time?”
"Since I have understood fascism.”
― Ernest Hemingway, [For Whom the Bell Tolls]

11 Likes

I thought about the subject you brought up a few weeks ago. The only reason fascism is out of the closet now in this country, is because most of the WWII vets have passed away. They would be screaming bloody murder at Trump’s administration, if they were still with us.

4 Likes

The book “the Fourth Turning” is now coming to fruition. No one is left that remembers our past transgressions, so they are doomed to be repeated.
The next generation will be awful, and at the worst possible time, while the earth warms out of control.

3 Likes

Thanks! Exactly where I would have gone

Yes they would (be screaming bloody murder). My Father and Uncle were Republican right down to their socks. Grandma was big in the Republican Party in Chicago from about the 40’s on through Daily Senior. If you can imagine what THAT would have bee like. But None of them would have tolerated this crap or President Caligula

2 Likes

Great post, I had to share. Thanks

1 Like

HEAR< HEAR! Tell it like it is Phred ! A huge Bravo !

The volunteers of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (One of many International Brigades) who fought against Franco, Hitler, and Mussolini in Spain 1936 - '39 to support the elected government returned home to the charge they were “premature anti-fascists” some were called before McCarthy’s HUAC - the honor and courage of those fighters reached very high. That we can can still see ANY remnant of the nazi regime or racist scum supporting that crime against humanity in america is a treason, and dishonor no one should tolerate in any guise !!
Bravo to Bernie, yet again he shows his Quality that rises above all other candidates ! Bernie 2020 !

2 Likes

…and risk a Police baton across your skull and get arrested doing it !

Bernie 2020

2 Likes

That is Amerika in a nutshell! And the most egregious insult! Is to all the World War Two brave soldiers that died in what has been called: " THE GREATEST GENERATION".

1 Like

Just more proof of why Joe is the darling of the DNC!

1 Like

Lol, Bernie is another self loathing white liberal leading the clown posse of Democrat contenders embracing radical political policies. Bernie does not see the hypocrisy of his position ie he and his ilk preach the poison that this is a racist nation even as hordes of “colored” folk are flocking to our shores by any means legal or illegal.
Questions: Did This nation suddenly became a racist nation for electing Trump? did we not absolve racism question by electing Obama for 2 terms? Was Trump always a racist? Or did he suddenly become one after being elected president as a republican. If so let’s not forget that Trump was a Democrat for 25 years, donated millions for liberal causes and Democrats routinely kissed his ring and curried his favor. Those are the facts.

Here are some more fascists and their neoliberal ilk:

1 Like

Quite a list!

I bet no one was allowed to bring a black light on that plane - LOL!

1 Like