Home | About | Donate

If Only We Could Vote for Peace Instead of a 'Commander-in-Chief'

Today in Portland, Ralph Nader is interviewed on KBOO by Per Fagereng, he is speaking on Saturday here. Neither of them mentioned Jill Stein! My ears were bleeding! Ralph said “We have such an awful choice between a war monger and a fool.” He will be speaking on “getting money out of politics” lame. Hypocrite. Gate keeper.

3 Likes

What frightened me was the stage full of retired generals cheerleading for more war at Hillary’s DNC convention.

4 Likes

Ralph Nader gets a pass.
He’s done remarkable work over a lifetime to earn that pass.

3 Likes

True, peace will never catch on unless someone can figure out a way to make peace as profitable as war.

5 Likes

The US gov’t has been captured by one party, the Globalist War Party. Democratic and Republican are its left and right wings.

6 Likes

I had a long talk today with my CPA, who has become more than an acquaintance,
yet not a close friend, probably because our politics-which to me represents our essential natures-are so divergent. I’m a progressive who worked her lil butt off for
Bernie, who last week joined CODEPINK. CP membership follows membership or financial support in/for WinWithoutWar, IraqVeteransforPeace, VoteVets, PFAW, and many other pro-peace/ progressive organizations/ She buys into the myth/belief system that "we need a strong defense-because there are sooo many enemies out
there; and barely listens or not at all to my preaching the facts of our skewed national budget; of our 15-year internal aggravation in Afghanistan, etc. I believe
that far too many of my fellow citizens believe these lies by the Department of Propaganda & Promotion of War.
Please, fellow posters, be thinking of ways to help dismantle the patriarchal,
militaristic mindset of the American Empire, for it is surely the centuries, millineal ages old patriarchal-violent-domination mindsets that govern our world. These beliefs won’t work anymore, if they EVAH did. Now they will absolutely be the death of our environment, other animals, the entire globe. We cannot con tinue our raping of the planet-such raping including the bees, the elephants, family agriculture, the very air, soil, and water we must have clean if we are to live.
So, fellow posters, what suggestions do you each have for dissolving the poison that is US foreign policy?

5 Likes

There’s no call for calling him “fearful.” There’s no point in bringing Stein into it.

YEA! Nothing but Peace is enough! Those who truly, in theirs hearts want Peace…Jill Stein!

8 Likes

So sorry I didn’t get around to reading this one while there was still some reasonable discussion going on. I’ve posted it to a Facebook group where I may get less distraction.

1 Like

If the author had done as you suggest, CD would not have published his article.

2 Likes

No distractions. Peace. Stein/Baraka '16

8 Likes

And a little pollution in Laos. The USA dropped 270 million cluster “bomblets” on Laos. Apparently there are around 80 million of these left unexploded. That is about 10 for every Laotian. A serious threat, them thar Laotians! Just think what a Laotian terrist might do with one of them thar “bomblets”!

2 Likes

A fantastic article - this country has an endless desire for war and opponents, and yet we need not but simply look inward to identify our greatest threats. Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Take the lead pipes out of the USAian public water system and provide all USAians with therapy to remove the low-grade lead poisoning in their systems?

Explain that the only threats to USAians are USAians with guns (15 000 murders by gun per year). Explain that Osama bin Laden was stupid. He could have bought a legitimate chain of USAian gun shops and caused far more USAian deaths that way. Put the enemies of the USA in perspective; that they are created by the USA and that in the normal course of life USAians kill more USAians than do enemies of the USA. Example; the northern Vietnamese killed 55000 USAian soldiers; in the same time the USA killed 80 000 of its own in the USA.

3 Likes

I happen to admire Jill Stein. She is smart, courageous, committed, and she is sensible. People criticize the Greens because they have been perennial losers, and they criticize Jill because she, “is out of her league”. Jill Stein is willing to serve to help return our democracy to the people and she is the candidate of peace. That’s all that matters to me. I don’t understand that voters don’t get that the Stein-Baraka ticket is their best chance for peace.

11 Likes

The Chinese have.

1 Like

A technical point, but actually quite revealing: Unless you are in the military, no president can be your “commander-in-chief.” The president may be the commander-in-chief of the military, but it is pure misnomer to say the president is the commander-in-chief of the civilian populace.

What is revealing though of the common parlance is how thoroughly militarized the US has become – not even batting an eyelash at the suggestion that the president is OUR commander-in-chief.

5 Likes

A vote for a “piece” of pizza with a commander-in-cheese makes more sense than G-Dub ever did.

I’ve heard Ralph encourage votes for the Greens. He’s all for third party insurgence. Says it’s one way of eventually cracking open the debate from just the lame rep-dem political campaign prison.

1 Like

“Liberal America is up in arms capturing their Mr Hyde, hiding it inside President Hillary Rodham Clinton in the White House so she can do as US presidents habitually do, ripping the world to pieces and keeping the liberal heart of this empire bleeding for “peace on earth” just in time for next Christmas.”

2 Likes