Home | About | Donate

If the President Had HIV He Could Be in Prison

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/07/if-president-had-hiv-he-could-be-prison

NO, NO, NO.

Yes Trump “could be in prison” if the US Senate didn’t hold all the cards to convict and Trump didn’t have a bottomless pit of lawyer money to cover his bets post POTUS.

In murks it has always been HOW MUCH JUSTICE CAN YOU AFFORD ?

2 Likes

Margaret Kimberley wrote an interesting piece about sympathy for the devil. Sorry to do this to you first thing in the morning, but here’s what Maddow had to say:

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow has made a career out of pushing the sketchy Russiagate narrative but she was suddenly overcome with concern for Trump . “God bless the president and the First Lady. If you pray, please pray for their speedy and complete recovery — and for everyone infected, everywhere. This virus is horrific and merciless — no one would wish its wrath on anyone.”

~https://www.blackagendareport.com/freedom-rider-liberal-sympathy-trump

Kind of like “If you smoke, please smoke Camels!” RM is an awesome miracle of liberal hypocrisy. I’m watching the whole country held down like a log heading into the mill – and now some folks hope they can quickly fix the broken sawblade?

7 Likes

I really recommend Matt Taibbi’s (2019) Hate, Inc. in which he shows how Maddow has really become the left’s version of Sean Hannity. Yes, she is far more intelligent, but she plays the same games.

6 Likes

Excellent article like always, Laura! Maybe now that the Democratic party has become Republican we can rename the Republican party to the “Hypocrite” party - they could use a snake as their mascot (but that would be disparaging to snakes)…

The rest of the world goes about its daily life, taking rational measures to protect against C-19 exposure. No one equates their masculinity with wearing a mask, they understand that the good of the individual depends on the good for the commons.
Meanwhile, the US of Abuse is facing the Second Wave when we haven’t even dealt with the First Wave. People are killing each other over wearing masks! The GOP, the party preaching Personal Responsibility on all issues from health care(it’s your personal responsibility to have enough money to pay for health care) to education(if you have children, it’s your personal responsibility to be able to pay for educating and caring from them) to elder care(if you get old, you should have been personally responsible for saving enough to live) is now following the same meme with C-19. It’s up to you if you want to follow the C-19 guidelines to protect yourself and others. Oh, wait, forget others. You don’t want to wear a mask, cool. Shows you value personal liberty.
Which is why the US has so many deaths from C-19. The number is climbing, and doesn’t count the severely impaired survivors.
Goddess help us when we really have to double down and drastically change our ways to deal with climate change. No one will want to give up their pickup or SUV to take “public transportation”, or give up mindless consumption. Watch their tune change when massively stronger storms along with rising sea levels take out their pickups and SUV’s, not to mention their houses built way too close to the shore or in flood plains.
In the meantime, TrumpCo and the rest of the GOP continue to spread and shed C-19 willfully proud of their manliness.

3 Likes

Throw him in the pokey anyway.

2 Likes

Bottom line? It’s all about the Benjamins. There’s a direct correlation between ratings and mammon in media, and in Maddow’s case, both have increased thanks to Trump.

1 Like

My experience has been that it is very easy to baker act people in Florida as opposed to other states i have worked in. If only he would come to Mar a Largo for the weekend I think we could find 2 psychiatrists to put him in a mental hospital for evaluation for at least the weekend. He is clearly of harm to self and others.