Home | About | Donate

If Trump Really Only Wants 'No Iranian Nukes,' Then He Should Just Rejoin the Nuclear Deal

If Trump Really Only Wants 'No Iranian Nukes,' Then He Should Just Rejoin the Nuclear Deal

Juan Cole

Trump said in Japan that he is not looking for regime change in Iran.

Trump said at a news conference with Japanese Prime Minister ABE Shinzo, “We aren’t looking for regime change – I just want to make that clear. We are looking for no nuclear weapons. I really believe that Iran would like to make a deal, and I think that’s very smart of them, and I think that’s a possibility to happen. It has a chance to be a great country with the same leadership.”

The Title Should Read: If Trump Really Only Wants ‘No Iranian Nukes,’ Then He Should Ask IsraelTo Get Rid of Its Nukes (Which are an obvious provocation). Lets have a Nuclear Free Mid-East Now!

3 Likes

I think it’s important to bring out the point that the MEK that Juan talks about is an organization that Bolton receives good money from for speeches he’s delivered to them. So who’s really the terrorist here?

As far as Trump, apparently this whole mess was brought about because of Trumps dislike for Obummer, and now he’s starting to figure out what cluster f**k his decision was, typical for a fool.

3 Likes

Obama outsmarted Bibi Netanyahu who has outsmarted Trump (Bibi’s useful idiot). Obama said if it’s really nuclear that you’re worried about, then we’ll take care of that for you, and he did. But Bibi was full of deceit, not particularly worried about Iran’s non-existent nuclear weapons program, but wanting Israel’s adversaries weakened or destroyed.

We are well on our way to devastating Iran’s economy with these illegal sanction against a country that actually has no nuclear weapons program, at the behest of a country that has an illegal nuclear weapons program, and nuclear weapons to boot.

Trump has been boxed in by Bibi who got him (Bibi claims) to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal (proving his deceit)… We are in conflict with our rational European allies, and with a little bit of false-flagging, could find ourselves where, to incredible detriment to us, the Middle East, and the world, find ourselves compelled to take military action against Iran to further Israel’s goals.

Bibil may eave Trump hanging, or he may let him know what to do next. In the meantime we could send more money to Israel - it’s wealthy, but what the heck.

2 Likes

It’s one thing when they screw things up behind our backs, but it is extremely disappointing and disrespecting to walk these sorry-ass political moves right in front of us, as though we were blind.
Hey U.S., lead by example and start to denuclearize.

1 Like

Trump has such a short attention span that there is no telling what he will say in Iran.

2 Likes

Iran needs to step its game up though. Follow the Saudi’s playbook and just book an entire floor in his DC hotel for a year. He’ll lighten up then.

3 Likes

Good point.