Home | About | Donate

If You Forget About a War, It's Time to End It

If You Forget About a War, It's Time to End It

Stacy Bannerman

You’d hardly know it from the news, but we’ve been continuously at war in Afghanistan since 2001. The war quietly turned 17 on October 7.

Unfortunately, America’s amnesia didn’t prevent Command Sergeant Major Tim Bolyard from being killed in Afghanistan in early September during his eighth combat tour and 13th deployment.

Wouldn’t you just love to strap Cheney and company to the front of a Stryker and drive them on an all expenses paid vacation of the Middle East?

If we had any sense of personal liberty in this country we would allow every single person in the military to personally veto going to any particular stupid war we’ve been in (all of them post WWII).

If all the conservative voters had pushed Trump on this, we’d be out of there by now - maybe the tide is changing on that? And one of the many complete disappointments by Obama (who was willing to call the Iraq war stupid, but not this one).

I wish we had more politicians who can think and see clearly like Barbara Lee.

(Oh and enough dead Afghans too)

A dark, evil energy took over this country in November '63 and that energy has brought us one evil, senseless war after another. That energy controls The Federal Reserve SYNDICATE, our government, our news media, our elections, and ultimately, us. I interviewed Daniel Ellsberg once on the radio about his book “Secrets”. He explained that fascism can thrive only if the truth is hidden from the people, only if there are “secrets.” Many see the depravity of our government, how it has been captured and is being used as a weapon against its own people. Just not enough of us…yet! Not until then will this war-mongering idiocy end. Or as MLK said in his speech against the Vietnam War “we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values…before the giant triplet of racism, materialism and militarism can be conquered.” The MICx handled him the same way it did Kennedy(s). The internet is a two-edged sword but I am hopeful that articles and sites like this can awaken enough people to end this madness. Gopherit

Far be it from me to comment with any degree of intelligence but I think we’re missing the benefits of this post terror occupation; we are, in fact, controlling the poppy fields and thereby increasing the flow of available heroin in the United States, so just from an economic perspective, we are generating real capital. Plus, we are solidifying are access to the oil reserves in the Caspian prairie - just think, next memorial day holiday when were driving up to the Catskills for the family barbeque, we won’t be spending and an arm and a leg for gas, well, at least not our arms and legs…thank you for your service

from the article ~

"Our loved ones didn’t sign up to serve a president. They signed up to serve the American people, most of whom have no idea what they’re fighting for.

I don’t know, either. Nor do any of the other 4,000-plus members of Military Families Speak Out (MFSO)."

Heroin.

Bannerman sez: “Our loved ones didn’t sign up to serve a president. They signed up to serve the American people …”

Well, at least those “American people” who serve on the boards of, or are shareholders in, international, resource extraction-oriented corporations.

“If You Forget About a War, It’s Time to End It”

This is one of the best headlines I’ve ever seen.

As at least one member here is pointing out –

Americans are controlled by a military dictatorship –

Brig. Gen. Smedley Darlington Butler wrote about it in 1935 as our military being the
underlying support for Elites/Capitalism here and around the world –

JFK attempted to break that hold in taking the US out of Vietnam after the Bay of Pigs –
Vietnam was a total lie as the Pentagon Papers later made clear - and the United Nations had
also directed that the issue of Vietnam’s future was to be left to Vietnam and its leaders.
It was to have its Independence.

And, as another member makes clear …
After Dealey Plaza in November 1963, LBJ put the Joint Chiefs back in business in Vietnam.

As JFK had recognized and confided to a close aide, “It’s a nice piece of real estate.”