Home | About | Donate

Ilhan Omar Under Attack for telling truth About Israel Lobby

Ilhan Omar Under Attack for telling truth About Israel Lobby

Ali Abunimah

Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar is under fierce attack from Chelsea Clinton and other Republican and Democratic establishment figures for voicing a fundamental truth: much of Congress is muzzled when it comes to Israel by the powerful lobby group AIPAC.

If AIPAC’s influence is waning—and I sincerely hope it is—it’s due in large part to the ongoing blatant criminal acts of the Israeli government itself, which can no longer be kept hidden.

As to Rep. Omar, smearing her as an “anti-Semite” is ridiculous on its face, as she herself, being Palestinian, IS a Semite—something which is not true of all Jews, nor of all Israelis.

pelosi, like my two senators,murray and cantwell, are brides of aipac. Their names do not deserve to be capitalized. To know the boundaries of free speech, check with israel.

Rep. Omar is Somali, not Palestinian. And I support her right to call out the undue influence of AIPAC and the Adelson’s. Israel is an oppressive apartheid regime. We have no choice but to rein in its excesses through the BDS movement.

The fierce backlash against the Congresswoman for stating the obvious can be seen as a sign that the Israel lobby, though still powerful, is losing some of its oomph.

Unfortunately, there’s still plenty of oomph left:

Rep. Omar apologizes for tweets on AIPAC’s influence

https://www.apnews.com/afb0d4240c934f7cb96e5c852be862fc

No louder call could be given to wake up Trump’s base.
This woman’s courageous statement of truth exposes the
American power elite as the lying slaves they are: “You are of your father
the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was
a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the
truth, because there is no truth in him (Jn.8.44).
And she’s Muslim, and Pope Francis recently went to the heart of Islam;
Could there be a revelation here?

I’m extremely disappointed in her apologizing. She has zero to apologize for – facts are facts.

The d-party and r-party fealty to Israel…Not a dime’s worth of difference.

Quite right.

From the Oxford dictionary:
Semitic
Adjective

1. Relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.
  2. Relating to the peoples who speak Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.

DEAR IIHAN OMAR:
Here is a wonderful quote from Voltaire which shows just how correct you are : )

“If you want know who controls you—look at who you are not allowed to criticize.”

In Truth and support for your work— and I think Voltaire would support you too. : )

You are absolutely right, she has nothing to apologize for! But, if she wants to stay in government (not to mention alive) and possibly do some good down the road what choice does she have?
The entire US government is under Israeli control. US free speech was just abolished by the Senate!

Iihan Omar’s apology was well crafted and the points she made were not rescinded. She has shown courage in shedding light on the unconscionable way the Palestinians have been treated by the Israeli Government. Other US politicians have swept this issue under the rug for far too long. Hopefully, this can be the beginning of an honest dialogue.

Representative Omar has more backbone than most congress-critters. If we like what she has to say, why not support her in the way congress truly understands? Donate. https://www.ilhanomar.com/elections/

I see someone else corrected you regarding her Somali roots. But I agree with you. I especially find it ironic that most Jews in Israel are NOT Semitic at all but European and west Asian descendants of converts. As are the majority of those identifying as Jewish in the US and the rest of the world. True Jews and most actual locally middle eastern Arabs are exactly the same people who disagreed over religion and stopped identifying as the same people.

It is truly amazing that criticizing one group of semites for waging genocide on another group of semites is considered anti-semitic.

Thanks, and you’re right of course. I was thinking of another uppity freshman, Rashida Tlaib. Apologies to all.

Tlaib is in the next district over from me.

Meanwhile, I’m stuck with Debbie Dingell, the third Dingell in a row to hold the seat continuously since 1935. I’ll go easy on Debbie this week, she just lost her husband.

May I offer my condolences? I’ve had the same address since 1982, and, depending on how the districts are redrawn, have been stuck with either Frank Pallone or Chris Smith for most of that time. (sigh)

Ilhan Omar is a true hero. Now that I see that she is able to stand up to racism and apartheid, she has my full support.

I contributed $.

I noticed that her deceased husband was 27 years older than her. What surprises me is that so many people in Michigan support Blue Dog Democrats. Michigan is an excellent example of the dangers that corporate America poses to the 99%. Hopefully people like you ‘SkepticTank’ can enlighten some of your neighbours…