Home | About | Donate

'I'll Say No': Oregon Governor Will Reject Any Request from Trump to Deploy National Guard to Border

Once the Reich is surrounded by troops and wire, wait until the next phase.
*Remember the film Casablanca? People were stealing, selling their bodies, killing, to get the rare Exit Visa, which was the only way to get out of the country. I see things inching their way toward that as well.
*By the way, remember that Germany and Italy not only went after the Jews, they also went after Slavs, Romany, homosexuals, resisting ministers and priests, and anybody or group that was outspoken in criticism of the Reich or its Fuehrer, or Il Duce.
;-})

4 Likes

Leadership we need. Can we get her namesake in California to do the same thing?

1 Like

General comment: Trump’s trade war is a huge topic in our local newspaper here in the mid-west. Why are there no articles about it on Common Dreams? Asking for a friend. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Unfortunately true!

MLK was demonized as a “COMMUNIST” and was in the 99% of his time!

1 Like

Are you playing the devil’s advocate? There are laws and then there is human morality. Complex of course. We should be a nation of laws but when humans use the law in a way that is corrupting or is against higher laws - then we have an issue.

3 Likes

My suggestion: we get together and build a wall around the white house in which no one can get out. It will be the new prison for Trump.

2 Likes

Just tell Trump that “the wall around the White House” is a mock up for the wall to be built on the Mexican border.

Melania will do serious harm to Trump if she is unable to get out of the White House…she loathes the place and spends as little time as possible there.

1 Like

Yes, the next phase could very well be the demonizing of anyone or group that Trump feels is threatening to his power.

2 Likes

And what is so troubling, the same cabal of deep state, fascists that murdered so many good leaders in the past, are stronger now more than ever. So, any one that they deem a political, threat to their power…will no doubt be murdered in the future!

1 Like

Can’t say that I blame you. If you were stuck with Rick Scott, you’d be trying to unload him too.

2 Likes

I don’t have an answer, except to observe that trying to keep up with the avalanche of stupidity
erupting from Mt. Trump is akin to playing Whack-a-Mole.

3 Likes

Gov. Brown is to be commended here. She did the right thing for the Guardsmen, their families, for our state and, set an example, for the country.
When The Wannabe Emperor has no clothes on, is a chubby 71 year old kinky weirdo and has the attention span of a juvenile huffing gas, it’s Oregonians patriotic duty to tell him so.
P.S. " Hey Trump, lay off the effin’ gas, will ya’!

4 Likes

The problem I see there is, if it is decided that we cannot afford this vast military blockade, somebody is going to suggest filling the sky with armed drones, 24/7, with infrared sights, et al. They’re cheaper and kill a lot more targets per missile.
*Sheesh! Makes me want to puke.
;-})

1 Like

Oregon is one of the most progressive states, I have never regretted moving here. Sorry, you will have to elect your own elected officials.

1 Like

Washington is not against having a population of immigrants. The reality is that immigrants are less unruly, feel less entitled than do citizens, provide cheap labor, and take very little in services.

This is quite likely one of the reasons President Obama gave the arms to the government of Mexico “to fight drugs,” surely knowing that these would be used almost immediately by the cartels, as they were and as almost any adult resident of Mexico could have predicted.

Still, immigrants are human, and not generally narcos themselves. If not prevented from doing so, they will eventually stand up for themselves. The troops, as well as a lot of the noise, serve to ensure that they not be regarded as fully welcome, fully human, or entitled to humane treatment. That way an underclass can not only take abuse but undercut attempts by American labor and the American population in general to negotiate.

Donald Trump’s a flamboyant jerk, someone a lot of beltway insiders did not and do not approve of for president, though their own plans were not less oppressive. So a lot of people do not mind making him or letting him look the fool. And, of course, that’s easy.

But the worry is not triggering a war with Mexico. The Mexicans know their gringos way too well to venture that. The Pentagon is doing too well using Mexican and South American mercenaries to fight in West and Central Asia. And they are doing too well moving cocaine in from South America and opium in from Afghanistan to want to shake up personnel at the borders.

Of course, none of this amounts to any reason Oregon should send people to the border.

1 Like

Oregon has been controlled by the “democrats” for a long time. I remember personally begging the then democratic governor Ted Kulongoski not to send the Oregon National Guard to Invade Iraq. He came back and declared himself a Zionist and sent the Oregon National Guard on an illegal and immoral mission. The Oregon National Guard is still being used in Iraq and Afghanistan. Kate Brown is an opportunist and a hypocrite and probably also a zionist. Sad days here in Oregon.

1 Like

Thank you Herr Loggerbomb.

How can their labor be cheaper than the legal minimum wage of the state; unless of course, you’re hiring them off the books and breaking the law?

The Prez is just the figurehead for the man behind the curtain. Like a hydra, you can chop off one head and another will replace him/her. Nothing really changes. It is the faux democracy that we live in that is the problem. The current system is not of, by, or for the people. It’s the system itself that is the problem.

3 Likes

It’s because your farmers in the mid-west are going to get phucked by these tariffs. Lots of articles in the ag news about it. Say “bye-bye” to your industr8ial ag commodity exports…

2 Likes