Home | About | Donate

I'm Jewish, and I Find the Hypocrisy of Republican Islamophobes Hounding Ilhan Omar Breathtaking

I'm Jewish, and I Find the Hypocrisy of Republican Islamophobes Hounding Ilhan Omar Breathtaking

Rebecca Vilkomerson

Representative Ilhan Omar is facing censure in the House, brought in part by her own party leaders. She is also facing shockingly Islamophobic attacks calling her a terrorist, simply because she is a Muslim. And all the while, other congressional leaders are tweeting out unabashedly anti-Semitic messages with abandon.

Kind of ironic, really. I mean… if our National (unofficial) religion isn’t Hypocrisy, I only know it by a different name.

I wrote my Congressional Representatives and posted on my Facebook page, "Do whatever you can to pry our state and our nation from the cold, dead hands strangling us and the rest of the planet. The Israelis still bomb and shoot the Muslims on the other side of their wall.
I complained. Facebook refused to relent. So I cancelled my Facebook–at considerable inconvenience to myself. I will not relent until Facebook apologizes for using such a draconian algorithm.