Home | About | Donate

"I'm Sure Dinosaurs Thought They Had Time, Too': Over 12,000 Students Strike in Brussels Demanding Bold Climate Action

"I'm Sure Dinosaurs Thought They Had Time, Too': Over 12,000 Students Strike in Brussels Demanding Bold Climate Action

Julia Conley, staff writer

An estimated 12,500 students walked out of their classrooms in Brussels, Belgium on Thursday to join the country's second youth-led climate march in the past week, demanding that government leaders from across Europe take bold action to help stem the global climate crisis.

Are the corporatist’s that greedy, that they would kill the planet for profit, or do they know something they are not telling us? Like, there is no saving the planet at this point, so us assholes are going to cash in.

2 Likes

Now, if we can light a fire under our young people, to encourage them to demand some form of climate justice from the politician lap dogs to the Oligarchy, we can get our youth to take an interest in their future and the future of their Mother Earth.

1 Like

“No saving myself” is more like it. Compare these statements:

“Apres moi, le deluge.”
–Louis XIV of France

“What do I care, I’ll be long gone before the shit hits the fan.”
–Pwesident Twump

“He who dies with the most toys wins.”
–bumpersticker for nihilists

Hating and fearing their own mortality, these sick, sad individuals also bitterly resent those who will live on after them. Their polar opposites are the Native American nations who believe that no decision should be made without considering the possible effects on those who will live seven generations distant.

5 Likes

Now we know without a doubt, the reference to the word and position of “conservative” is null and void.
Meaningless in right-wing ideology, and nothing but a smoke screen anymore.

3 Likes

“I’m sure the dinosaurs thought they had time, too”. Reminds me of my neocon, Fox watching, kin … it is just a cycle. I tell them: ‘I totally agree with you, it was just a cycle. The dinosaurs kept grazing. I totally agree with you that this is just a cycle and you can continue grazing, but, I am right sure no one will be going to a museum to see your bones’.

4 Likes

I think it’s past time for all of us to be encouraging of all who step up to the plate.
Things like the Arbor Foundation should be getting more notice and gratitude than they do. Plant a tree.

3 Likes

Conservative no longer has meaning when used as a descriptive term for the GOP.

Con Artist is most accurately an excellent descriptor of those who believe they represent anyone but themselves and a very small segment of the population.

2 Likes

Trust me it’s for profit- that is how stupid they are.

1 Like

March with us women and men this weekend on the 19th for the people for the planet.

1 Like

If we could just get them to line up, that would be a good tattoo for their foreheads PB.

1 Like

Is this an organized event? I googled and didn’t see anything.

1 Like

Yes. That’s pretty much it. It’s too late to save our biosphere, so they’re cashing in while the ship sinks.

1 Like

I was thinking it, but it sounds awful to contemplate.

1 Like

Really??? Please google Women’s marches - this is the third annual one since Dump got elected. January 19, 2019- on Saturday- biggest ones are in DC and NYC and there are sister marches all over the world!

1 Like

Oh, you are speaking of “THE women’s march.”
I was kind of saving my neuropathic feet for when PB and FF pick me up on the way to Washington to deliver a message.

2 Likes

The video on that website is very very scary. And very informative.

2 Likes

A doctor tells a smoker that he has the beginnings of emphysema. The smoker tells himself, “I’m not quitting today, I still have some time.”

What we do to the atmosphere today won’t really start to show up until maybe 30 years from now, because Eaarth’s oceans act as 30 years of heat sink. But we’re now in a positive feedback loop, so we’re setting off a pretty big bomb here.

Young people must fight for their future world, they must realize they are alone in this fight for their lives and that they can’t rely on their parents generation.
The young haven’t yet realized there is no such thing as non-violence when it comes to saving their habitat. Their time has come, they must take up arms and fight for what is theirs. But more likely than not, they won’t fight for what is rightfully theirs. If they only knew what awaits them.

Thirty years, it turns out, is the maximum length of time where an important event matters to humans. The benefits (or harm) of anything happening beyond 30 years is discounted to almost nothing today. It is part of the human psyche. That is why it is up to children and the young to fight.