Home | About | Donate

Impeach His Sorry Ass Now

Impeach His Sorry Ass Now

Michael Winship

Over the course of my dusty television career, I have from time to time run into situations where a certain Hollywood celebrity type will make a threat -- not to do interviews or make public appearances on behalf of a show, for example -- unless some egregious demand of his or hers is met.

3 Likes

Right instinct, wrong method. To make a martyr out of 45 plays right into his wheelhouse. His base loves to be the victims. We need something else. What that is, I don’t really know.

Tough call. As J Isaacs pointed out here last wk, isn’t his base already fired up? What more damage can they do? It’s doubtful that impeachment would create new Trump recruits, but it might wean some of them away. At the time I read that, I thought it was persuasive. Your thoughts?

5 Likes

It might send a message if Trump was impeached, but it would not change anything because no doubt Pence would pardon Trump. Trump is not the problem; the reason Trump was selected for POTUS is the problem!

6 Likes

Impeachment would have these fascists on the defensive, reeling as the body blows keep coming. Yes this is like a heavy weight fight 15 rounds and counting. Throw a lot of wrenches into their quagmire of bull crap. Key to all this is educating the American public to the truth, not so simple but totally necessary. Maybe hand out 60 million copies of 1984 to the appropriate population, how about free screenings of the movie 1984 in all the football stadiums instead of the current gladiator mentality of nationalistic misguided crap. Impeachment would allow our population to see for themselves the reality of our current sicko leaders. Denial is a tough disease to eradicate but totally in the realm of possibilities. Impeach his sorry ass now! Peace

5 Likes

The House bringing a Bill of Impeachment prior to the 2020 Election would at least force the 22 'Poop- Licken senators who will be up for re-election to show the voters which side they’re on — what little is left of Decency and “our” Democracy, or outright Dictatorship under Hair Drümpf.

7 Likes

Nothing will change the twisted minds of President Caligula’s base, short of him tossing live puppies into a roaring bonfire.
But the facts that an impeachment will bring to light just might move some of the fence sitters, and motivate human beings to vote.

The Dem ‘leadership’ wants to use this as a political toy. Cowardly. They want to play games, ignore their sworn constitutional duty, and drag this out until the 2020 election. This is an utter failure on the part of the Democrats/
Impeach his sorry Ass now.

5 Likes

Cowardly DamnocRats?  Gee, what else is new??   If O’Bummer & P’Loser had done their jobs
in 2009, Eric Prince and Steven Mnuchin would be in prison instead of in Tweetle-Dumb’s twisted “administration”.

5 Likes

I came of age during Watergate; so many of us naively believed that Nixon’s malgovernance was as bad as things could get. The “imperial presidency” of subsequent presidents has proven that the corruption is systemic. Had we clamored more loudly to impeach the asses of these earlier criminals—and put their entitled asses behind bars in fed prison orange coveralls for 20 years—we might not be living a dystopian nightmare now.
Impeach—and jail—his ass!!!

6 Likes

Your comment is totally right-on except for …

It should read: Impeach – and GUILLOTINE – his bigheadedness [courtesy of Pony Boy]!

2 Likes

I have heard tapes of the Watergate work that Congress was doing. Those tapes played on radios all over the country made a big impact on the pubic… I think Trump should be interviewed LIVE and We the People would get to hear in real time , the questions and the answers—and if we could hear that, that would be the end of Trump.
How was it that America got to listen to all of that, but nowadays everything is secret-----what a different world back then!

4 Likes

Pence is not the point.

Impeachment will be a long process and will go deep into the 2020 campaign. Aside from the fact that there will be no President Pence, because this Senate will simply never vote to convict, even if there were it would be only for a moment until the next person took the office.

The point is to damage Trump and Trumpism, and make that a focus.

5 Likes

Regardless of whether the senate would vote to remove Trump from office, the leadership in congress must do their constitutional duty.

4 Likes

totally agree with you Wolfess, and with Senior! no point in waiting for things to get worse than they are now, which they will. I do believe what the author says, does not matter what you do, or do not do, the trumpthing will always want more more more, and all of it will be more bad shit. trtump has gotta GO!!

1 Like

The ONLY way to rid the government of this particular individual is to impeach, because he will refuse to leave in 2020 - and he said as much in 2016. Pence can’t pardon an impeached President from impeachment, can he? No, just his criminal obstruction as Gerald Ford did for Nixon and it cost him.

1 Like

It’s called impeachment. Do it!

1 Like

You don’t seem to get it.
It’s about exposing the evidence that an impeachment investigation would produce.

2 Likes

While I agree Trump should be questioned under oath live it’s not like he hasn’t babbled his incoherent musings on Fox already.

1 Like

Anything that damages the Mafia, Don works for me!

2 Likes

The consolidation of independent media happened, having helped Trump (and still living past presidents) get away with actual murder.