Home | About | Donate

Important Reminder in the Flint Crisis: People Still Have No Safe Water

That Gov. Snyder will not be indicted is a Lead pipe cinch.

Coca-Cola, where are you? Time for a free public relations boost by offering to truck/train/fly in your water products (Dasani) to distribute FREE to residents of Flint. And where is the tear-stained face of pres. Obama when the people of Flint need him? Time is of the essence...THIS IS AN EMERGENCY and peoples' lives and well-being weigh in the balance.

Also time for the EPA to step to do all in its power to force the switch of the water source from the polluted Flint River to the Lake Huron source as it was before Snyder and his nincompoops made the ridiculous, mindless change. And while the EPA is at it, declare the Flint River another SuperFund toxic waste site.

WTF

This one will cut across partisan lines.

It is safe to say both sides of the isle are angry for their kids.

I like Michael Moore's take. Felony indictments MUST BEGIN. IF NOT MURDER 1, malicious misconduct at its most horrific level! I see another MOVEMENT birthing:

Beginning with? Add a world Climate Crisis. Add All Lives MATTER WHEN BLACK LIVES MATTER. BANKSTERS flouting their ignorant arrogance against the Commons. Don't forget The Militarism of civilian policing. The list is sickeningly long. Ugh! PUKE! Bernie Sanders, you got my attention!

The US gov't. is far too busy keeping people safe against terrorism and the murderous gangs of illegal immigrants to deal with this.
Message from the gov't. to the people in Flint; "We'll get to you after we've ended terrorism; 'til then drink cake".

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No "filter" is going to keep lead out of the water. Lead is not like microbes. Lead compounds dissolve in water, you may as well be trying to "filter" out salt. (Maybe reverse osmosis would work, but that's expensive.)

To get lead compounds out of water, it must be chemically treated to precipitate the lead. The chemicals are pretty common (I think Magnesium Sulphide is one), but it's not a matter of running the water though some activated charcoal.

i normally never watch Rachel Maddow but i watched the linked report from her show and learned:

Since there is NO EMERGENCY WATER SUPPLY being provided by any federal or Michigan governmental agency (and hopefully by the time you read this there is. Also she featured the local Sheriff who was, on his own authority, DOING SOMETHING, distributing water filters to houses)...

When Maddow asked Bobby Jackson at the Mission of Hope Shelter, Who was donating the bottled water? that the mission was distributing (which they had now run out of, but "As a man of faith i have to believe that God will provide..."), he replied with "Coca-Cola" and "Walmart" and "the Food Bank" as the top contributors of emergency water.

Coca Fucking Cola. Free advertising for some of the disaster capitalists who work to privatize the Earth's water. What great philanthropists they are!

Do not connect the dots to corporate rule, defunded governments, exported jobs...; Do not pass Go...; Do not collect free safe public water...

Wasn't the lead problem specifically caused, because the public agency added a chemical to the water supply to precipitate OTHER known contaminants in the "cheaper" supply from the toxic Flint River, but the additive also precipitated lead from the old water system and pipes?

Surely there is a large auditorium somewhere in Flint for Sanders to hold a rally for the besieged citizenry of Flint. I'm certain it would be an overflow turnout, tapping into the angst of the monumental injustice of it all.

Pardon the puns. Cluck cluck cluck.

Spot on.
Another possible scenario: If Calif. implements spot water cutoffs (re the drought), the complaints
will be met with the (1) reassurance and (2) suggestion that plenty of water is available...at the stores
that sell the ubiquitous Arrowhead brand (a division of uber rogue corp. Nestle').

Heckuva job Ricky! Incompetence and criminal negligence so reminiscent of Katrina.

The governor must go.

A Berkey water filter in each home would give residents clean drinking water at the very least. The state should supply each Flint resident with a BERKEY WATER FILTER ASAP!!

http://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/blog/category/lead

Retribution towards the Gov. & his cohorts must be swift & harsh.If the legal system is failing us. Then we fear another form of justice might emerge .Mobs with pitchforks?

Yes, you're right. Coca Cola isn't doing this for humanitarian reasons (most corps don't), but for the PR. They've been known to jack up other's water supply. Probably doing it somewhere as I write.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/varanasi-villagers-blames-coca-cola-for-water-scarcity/

and work their way up the socio-economic ladder.
prescription meds, gmo foods, increasing air, land and water pollution. i didn't realize that the number of vaccines a child is given from birth to 18 has almost tripled in the last 35 yrs or so. most vaccines have not been fully studied in-depth; certainly not how they react when administered together. it doesn't seem surprising that there has been a startling rise in chronic health issues for children.

Yes, but the only real terrorists... that murder on the mass level are the CORPORATIONS and their OLIGARGIC POWER AGENDA.... HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEY MURDERED AND MAIMED?
Any justice, is slow in coming and mostly non existent.... The avenues for change through our democratic system are drying up ... I like what Sanders is saying, but.... I am a Green Party Member and those in that party say that Sanders is anything but the answer... their argument is in regards to the military support he gives to Israel for one thing... All I know is he does SEEM to be oriented in the right direction on so many fronts.... AND ... well, it is true that even though many in the third party candidate corner... are/have been pushing to find an air pocket.... to breathe life into their campaigns... there is really no chance for them...then again.... if ... a massive push was for the Green Party did EXPLODE onto the scene .... well, I don't know... it would RAMP UP COMPETITION ... so that someone like SANDERS would have to be REAL... AS WOULD THE GREEN PARTY CANDIDATES... you see, after Obama... I am extremely skeptical... about any candidate ... AND it isn't so much that they/he was lying... (well, it could be).... BUT THAT THE WHOLE SHABANG..... IS SO CORRUPT AND DEFORMED... THAT IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX.... I mostly say that too..... because... I am very much in the camp that TPTB..... KNOW WE ARE SCREWED IN REGARDS TO CLIMATE CHANGE...... and if they are viewing the world from that perspective.... they will NOT BE TRYING TO IMPLEMENT ANY KIND OF REAL SOLUTIONS THAT IN CLUDE US DOWN HERE...
BECAUSE.................................
IT RAINED.....AT THE NORTH POLE........ IN THE WINTER DARKNESS
IT RAINED
IT DID NOT DO WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO DO.
IT DID NOT SNOW
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RECORDED SCIENTIFIC HISTORY.
THE SNOW BECAME WET WITH SLICK ICE
I SAW THE PICTURES.
LOOK IT UP
AND REMEMBER'
IT RAINED AT THE NORTH POLE IN THE WINTER TIME,
IN THE 24 HOUR DARKNESS OF WINTER....
IT RANIED.

The problem was caused but them not adding (cheap, common, easily available, FDA approved) chemicals to neutralise acid in the water.

Link pls.