Home | About | Donate

'Important Step' as Federal Judge Orders ICE to Release Detained Immigrants at Heightened Risk for COVID-19

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/09/important-step-federal-judge-orders-ice-release-detained-immigrants-heightened-risk

4 out of 34,000. I thought Federal Judges had more power than that.

1 Like

No doubt, totally pathetic.

1 Like

District Judge Maxine M. Chesney

A PRES. BILL CLINTON APPOINTEE—NO MORE SH-T FROM THE GOP MOLES ON THESE COMMON DREAMS MESSAGE BOARDS ABOUT HOW THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE CAUSE OF EVERYTHING. NO MORE BULLSH-T ABOUT THE EVIL DNC AND PELOSI AND SCHUMER.
THIS IS A CLINTON JUDGE WHO IS DOING THE RIGHT THING. THE GOP JUDGES WOULD LET THEM DIE!!!

All you shills for the GOP, can go f–k yourselves.

We are living in the Pathetic States of America.

How are you doing in this pandemic Brian?

Are you still working?

1 Like

Hello Ed,

I get it. The all caps makes clear your passion. I agree. These are challenging times that cause justifiable outrage .

Nonetheless, identifying those of us who reject the establishment Democrat’s Party power structure, as shills for the GOP , is , to put it mildly, inappropriate. I, along with many Latinx activists and community members where I live, are highly critical of the Democrat’s Party leadership. There are , without a question, examples of Democrats doing good things. But I can also give many examples of them committing horrendous abuses. Look at how the Obama administration’s Jay Carney, set out to trash Chris Smalls for organizing a strike of Amazon workers. Mr Smalls should have been lauded as a hero, but Carney helped get him fired and trashed in the media.

It would be as easy, and wrong, to paint all of us, and all critics of the Party leadership, as GOP shills, as it would be to paint the Dems Party leadership as “the cause of everything” bad and equally horrendous as the Repubs. It is clear that the Republican Party today is a neo-fascist Party. And, the Dems are not the cause of all that is evil. But, the Democrat’s power structure is neoliberal, imperialist, warmongers. Yes, neo-fascism is an order of magnitude worse, but both Party power structures should be rejected. I see a lot of positive change in my low-income Latinx community. Folk are implementing needs based economic structures from mutual aid to alternative currencies, time banks, etc. Have you not seen this where you live? I would encourage you to look at some of this and then tell me if you don’t find inspiration, and hope there.

2 Likes

I will believe a release when I see it. I think this will be overturned.

Health wise I’m fine. Working a little, mostly for family. I was about to go back to my old job before this nightmare started, but decided without health insurance, I better wait this virus out. Because of it, I’m trying to figure out a way to start the vegetable business I put on hold because of my motorcycle accident, figure when the restaurants open back up they wont have a steady supply from South FL. and CA., like they had in the past.
Hope you and your better half are doing well through all of this.

2 Likes

We’re good. Both of us are retired, me 14 years, my wife, 2.

We are fortunate to live in an area with many fruit and vegetable and dairy farms. Mostly Mennonite farmers who sell from their farm stands or their own stores. Prevents us from driving further to larger grocery stores in the cities. Less human contact.

Never thought I’d live to see something like this.

Could have been so much less death and destructive to the economy if only 45 hadn’t decided to take out his vengeance on America for having the audacity to Impeach him.

You take care.

Here’s a little song before I go…

~https://youtu.be/5WSulenOUb0

1 Like

You do know that it was a BILL CLINTON APPOINTED JUDGE WHO JUST RULED THE ICE DETENTION CENTER MUST RELEASE THE MOST VULNERABLE IMMIGRANTS? RIGHT? A GOP Trump crony would not have done that. The GOP cronies would have let them die. The GOP just ordered Wisconsinites to their possible deaths just to exercise their right to vote. The GOP is actually killing immigrant children right now and they are taking over the judiciary. IF WE DO NOT UNITE AND TAKE OUT TRUMP THIS NOVEMBER you can enjoy more videos of dead Guatemalan boys vomiting up their blood laying under ICE toilets. Get your priorities straight. WE NEED TO UNITE TO TAKE OUT TRUMP. These shill/mole bastards on Common Dreams and the phony likes of Joe “On-the-Take” Rogan and Jimmy “Payola” Dore need to be slapped in the face.
Anyone who argues that Trump is better than Biden and claims to be a progressive is clearly a LYING SHILL. They are here on CD, right now.

And to answer your question, No. I do not see any alternative structures. I live in a senior neighborhood where I have been told by actually educated old white retirees shit like, “All negative news about Donald Trump is ‘fake news’” and this doozy, from a holder of an MBA in hospital administration, “You know why the Obamas had the comedian Joan Rivers murdered during her last face lift surgery don’t you? Because she revealed that Michelle is actually a trans guy with a penis.” This is what we’re up against and these goddamned moles are sowing division on CD. Trump cannot be given a second term.

1 Like

Hi Ed,

Thanks for providing some context of the community you live in.

Did you ever hear the song “Latinos for Trump”? The guy that wrote that, used to live close to me. Horrible song. Even worse because it’s actually set to a catchy Puerto Rican salsa beat. And, the song writer wasn’t the worst. To my dismay, there are Afro-Puerto Rican and Mexican White Supremacists. They love Trump. They’re under the impression that, while they’re poor now, pretty soon they’ll hit the jackpot and be rich. So, they support Trump screwing the poor Latinxs , cause even though they’re poor Latinxs and getting screwed by Trump , pretty soon they expect to be rich and dining with him at Mar-a-Lago.

If these were the majority of people I was surrounded by, I’d be frustrated as hell. But they’re a small fraction. A sizable fraction is engaged in community initiatives. But it took a long time to get there. I would have thought Bill Clinton’s embrace of neoliberalism would have got people engaged. I didn’t. Then I thought Bush’s war in immigrants would have catalyzed the community. It didn’t. Obama’s deporter-in-chief actions and even the election of Trump, failed to inspire a critical mass into action. But, finally, the defeat of Sanders along with COVID-19, seem to have mobilized a significant chunk of the community. Many of these folk feel that the political/economic system is a sham and feel that the better strategy is to grow their own community structures, and then to organize to get politicians to enact laws that the community is demanding.

1 Like