Home | About | Donate

In Age of Unrest and Economic Decline, Critics Cry Foul as GOP Refuse to Provide Additional Covid-19 Aid for Suffering Communities

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/09/age-unrest-and-economic-decline-critics-cry-foul-gop-refuse-provide-additional-covid

Between the GOP’s 2017,2018 and 2019 corporate welfare handouts to farmers who are being “impacted by Trump’s tariffs” and CARES programs’ additional corporate welfare to compensate farmers for alleged COVID-19 impacts, farmers in Trump’s pet states are getting between 8 and 35 times their alleged damages. These Trump loyalist “farmers” have found one of their most profitable profit centers ever, just like the Wall Street banksters when they were bailed out after the 2008 crash.

2 Likes

yet somehow come January there will still be at least 48 GOP Senators …I’m convinced they don’t even count the votes and just divy the country up amongst themselves.

1 Like

The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.

James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

6 Likes

Maybe we’ll get lucky and one such man will rid us of the fucking maggot McConnell.

1 Like

Who didn’t see this coming?
I guessed a few weeks ago that this would happen. States would stop reporting accurate Covid statistics (many never started). They would then begin to “open up” in earnest.
The (dim) American people would follow suit, being bored of staying at home, and rush back out into public with very little PPE being used.
The stock market would react to the Fortune 500 packaging their debt into more junk bonds, bonds that the Fed guaranteed to purchase, and the continued dumping of trillions of dollars into the economy by the US treasury. Just like in 2008, the wealthy bought up all the stock at bargain basement prices, causing the markets to increase by 25% in just a few weeks, despite all the major economic indicators pointing to a recession.
The labor dept has flat out lied about the nationwide unemployment numbers. We have no idea how many people lost their jobs or are working for lower pay.
And now, despite the fact that states like Florida, Georgia, Texas, and yes, even the supposedly liberal New York and California, aren’t following Covid reporting procedures any longer, word is leaking out about new surges beginning. Hospitals in Florida and Texas are filling up (Florida claims almost no Covid deaths, but a record number of pneumonia fatalities) it will stress an already inadequate Private medical system, causing even more delays in daily and rudimentary care.
By September we may not be able to recognize the united states of America. Ronald Reagan’s and Jefferson Davis’s dreams may finally come true, and Trump may be the last president of our current 50 state union.

2 Likes

Meanwhile COVID-19 rates are going up especially in states that refused to expand Medicaid…This so-called economic improvement actually saw an increase in unemployment in communities of color (Black and, especially, Asians).

1 Like

Just keep voting for them with your dying breath…

1 Like

While no one was looking:

1. The Federal Reserve has authorized 11 financial bailout programs thus far. Despite Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s reassurances at his press conferences that these programs are to help American families, a full 10 of these programs are actually bailouts of Wall Street banks or their trading unit
    ~https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/06/the-fed-just-pulled-off-another-backdoor-bailout-of-wall-street/
  2. … House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Bailout of Corporate Lobbyists
    ~https://theintercept.com/2020/06/09/heroes-act-corporate-bailout-poll/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The%20Intercept%20Newsletter
1 Like

Yes! The GOP needs to be eliminated; otherwise, we are probably going to see many more George Floyd’s. The Republican Party led by it’s insane leader, is the enemy of the people and needs to go the way of the Whig, Party.

1 Like

I agree. Hospitals have been covering the extent of the outbreak in the US up from the get go. My sister is a medical coder for a hospital in Alabama, and when I asked her in general terms about whether she was coding many covid-19 cases she said she wasn’t allowed to talk about it, even to her own family members. I’m guessing this is part of trump’s plan to minimize this pandemic so it doesn’t hurt his re-election chances (which aren’t looking too good so long as everyone gets a chance to vote)

1 Like

Trump and the GOP are working on that problem. Expect the election to be called off due to Covid or widespread voter fraud and suppression.