Home | About | Donate

In 'Bombshell' Reversal of Earlier Testimony, Sondland Confirms Knowledge of Quid Pro Quo With Ukraine

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/05/bombshell-reversal-earlier-testimony-sondland-confirms-knowledge-quid-pro-quo

Oops his lips are moving…

2 Likes

Corbett sez:
“(Sondland) wrote that reading the opening statements of career diplomat William Taylor and Timothy Morrison … had ‘refreshed my recollection about conversations involving the suspension of U.S. aid.’”

He probably also got a “refreshing” call from his own counsel.
“Yo, Gordy … we don’t know where Mitch is gonna take this thing, but if you stick to your original testimony in trial you may be hanging from a slender thread of perjury. You’d be best off crawling out from under that bus and getting with the narrative, dude.”

7 Likes

The rush to shout “bombshell” even after 47 bombshells resulted in the Mueller Report is kinda amazing.

But I guess you gotta sell eyeballs if you’re a news network.

Also, to the doubters who didn’t believe me when I told you Sondland would sing when his lawyers told him what perjury was, neener neener.

4 Likes

Let’s be clear - Extortion & Bribery

3 Likes

He was just hedging his bets.
I’m not sure what pisses me off more. The fact that another billionaire just assumed he could commit perjury and get away with it, or the fact that he did. If you or I perjured ourselves we wouldn’t get a do-over. They’d just throw us in jail.

7 Likes

To be fair, mostly he didn’t actually lie. He just dodged with old “I don’t recall” tactic.

But his lawyers smelled danger. That’s why he pays lawyers that you and I can’t afford.

2 Likes

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/noam-chomsky-were-actually-facing-a-constitutional-crisis/

3 Likes

We MUST have MORE THAN 2 PARTIES

This is what happens when half the people in the room are corrupt and part of the Criminal activity and the coverup conspiracy.

If we have 3 or 4 parties total (or more) one party going completely criminal like this, would not be such a crisis. We would have more Adults in the room

4 Likes

What is amazing to me is that once again we are watching Ukraine influence being dug out piece by piece, while everyone just seems to forget similar influence from the Russians found in the Mueller investigation.

Where are the Putin Trolls…it’s about time to queue their entrance.
Yeah I forgot, it is all a dream, don’t think, don’t question, it’s all fake…Right!

Redacted should be Illegal.

2 Likes

Sondland if he was totally honest: “I lied under oath. I paid a million dollars for the privilege of being an ambassador and getting involved with extortion and bribery of a foreign leader. I should resign, and so should Trump.”

3 Likes

…and then Seppuku in an alley. It’s the only honorable way

2 Likes

Humpty-Trumpty hide behind a wall, the wall fell down on top of Humpty-Trumpty and he couldn’t be put back together again…so sad, too bad, O-Well…

The “General Corruption” that Trump eludes to, is his own.

3 Likes

As toothless as perjury laws are for the elite and powerful you have to be a real chickenshit to not admit you were lying to begin with.

Threat of perjury?
LOL what a toothless threat.

1 Like

Anyone paying attention knows that the same thing went on with Russia. The problem is the number of people paying attention.

2 Likes

Perhaps toothless, perhaps not. But I said nothing about a threat.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/11/a-timeline-of-joe-bidens-intervention-against-the-prosecutor-general-of-ukraine.html#more

When the bullshitters are using the I don’t recall dodge I think the questioners should take that as an answer of guilt, and proceed under that premise. And if you claim you can’t remember shit you should be disqualified to hold office.
But this is how the guilty respond so often.
Lock him up.

1 Like