Home | About | Donate

In 'Bow to Reality,' Trump Scraps 'Stunningly Corrupt' Decision to Hold G7 at His Doral Resort

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/20/bow-reality-trump-scraps-stunningly-corrupt-decision-hold-g7-his-doral-resort

Well you still have the resort in Scotland that hes been routing military planes to. Among many other “stunningly corrupt” scams still on-going

9 Likes

or that it was something he could get away with

Because he has gotten away with this sort of crap his whole life.

14 Likes

“‘I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders,’ wrote Trump.”

Eh, holding it at your privately owned commercial enterprise…now, just how was that a “very good” thing “for our Country”?

“'I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA.”

So…taxpayers would be charged “zero” for the rental…and - Trump would personally make “no profit”…meaning what? No charges beyond operating costs? And who pays those operating costs? The governments of the international attendees? Resort workers stiffed “for the good of the country”?

No profits, right. The only measily benefit Trump would get out it was…massive publicity and subsequent boosted patronage of Doral Resort due to its having been used for an international event? Can we all say EMOLUMENTS CLAUSE?

Establishment-Democrat led impeachment proceedings are a distraction and false solution to the establishment policies that created a Trump. But I confess, in this case, the start of impeachment proceedings may have been all that checked Trump’s latest corrupt action and caused him to reverse it - “maybe not a good idea Mr. President, we don’t want to heap any more fuel on the Democrats’ incipient impeachment actions against you - could have an impact in the elections, you know.”

5 Likes

The miserable wretch didn’t just THINK he could get away with it.

He COULD get away with it.

Because the USA is a fascist state with a unitary executive. Let’s be candid, shall we?

6 Likes

Does the U.S. Supreme Court think that anybody has standing to sue under the emoluments clause? If not it’s a dead letter.

3 Likes

They only way to know is to test that. Takes lots of time. But it should be done

1 Like

"Hospitality? Hostility, he’s got empty cages don’t you know.

4 Likes

Only trump can get away with pick pocketing your wallet and when caught red handed claim he was just kidding around. Childs play once again.

5 Likes

Would this change have happened if impeachment wasn’t “on the table”? (Rhetorical question)

6 Likes

Fascists don’t ‘bow to reality’ except their own twisted views. If he wanted the world to know with this act that he is someone who is able to compromise, he failed. Expect more stunningly corrupt decisions from this cunning, deranged individual especially in sight of his criminal history:

4 Likes

As fitting punishment for the numerous violations of the Emoluments Clause by the receipt of payments at his various properties from foreign persons, governments & korporations, and from any U.S. persons or korporations having business before the federal government, ANY and ALL payments made by said persons, governments and korporations from January, 2017 until Trump leaves or is removed from of­fice, shall be forfeited to the Treasury of the United States.  Any & all expenses and losses incurred by Trump’s properties during that time as a result of their accommodation of such persons, governments
or korporations should NOT be deducted from the payments transferred to the Treasury of the United States but should be considered as punitive damages in consequence of Trump’s blatant violations of the Emoluments Clause. *

*  Can someone please direct me to the full text of the “Emoluments Clause” prohibiting the President from receiving gifts, etc. from foreign entities? I have been unable to find it in my pocket-sized copy of the Constitution, other than a brief reference prohibiting the President from receiving " . . . within that Period any other Emolument from the United States or any of them."   (Emphasis mine.)

2 Likes

Trump’s thumbs up actually means his middle finger.

5 Likes

I was about to comment: looks like he’s starting to get nervous.

4 Likes

Yes and yes again!

4 Likes

The photo: secret service fellas looking, looking = glum

Hospitality, hobnob russian business peoples, TV reality entertainer.

The last mask is what we have. “If he makes you cry, he wins”.

1 Like

Remember, gandolf: There are TWO systems of justice in the u.s.

4 Likes

the bed bug shitola on a dingleberry precident, I mean president

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if this saw the light of day in corporate media? (I crack myself up sometimes)

This is a very deep, well-researched article BUT, of course, it comes from a “commie” reporter, so…

1 Like

Hi Carl, yes it is a very well-researched article. So glad you visit wsws.org, too. Their reporting is very often to the point, and they are supportive of Bernie Sanders…

2 Likes