Home | About | Donate

In 'Clear Violation of Domestic and International Law,' Trump Bombs Syria

No they are crazy smart and their only goal is political power. These Juda’s have sold us out for those pieces of gold, or was it silver, showered on them by the MIIC-CORPORATE state (a fascist state, eh?). Immoral, power hungry pos, yes; crazy no; insane, most probably in our circles; but, not in their fanasty behind the walls of their Capitol Hill gangs.

It may be that the powers that be - knowing that their Syrian regime change project has failed, merely wanted to give Assad one more black eye before they left the school yard. Thanks again to cool action on Russia’s part we may have averted WWIII.

From what I’ve read, what Israel wants is to control and occupy, but not annex, a zone around the Golan Heights. Beyond that they want a rump state Syria centered on Damascus that is subservient to Israel like most of their former Arab foes: Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. The rest of Syria they want carved up into autonomous sections, thus making the rump state weak.

They want this so they can once again take over southern Lebanon and have Hezbollah, who have been labeled terrorists because they resisted invaders, cut off from any support from Syria, now under Israel’s thumb, or Iran, now with no way to get supplies to Hezbollah.

Once they’ve liquidated Hezbollah and control southern Lebanon, they’ll be secure from all exterior borders. Meanwhile they will have goaded the U.S. into taking out Iran. (They think that can happen without a wider war.)

Then they can get busy annexing all of the West Bank and deporting or destroying the Palestinians without worry about being invaded by Arab nations for doing this.

Your quote from your comment: “You are the unity and need not seek anything; All is laid out for everyone in a banquet called the wonder of life.”

I love this quote from Stephen Hawking, “there is no God, heaven or rebirth. There is only this one beautiful life we have to enjoy and make as wonderful as possible.” (Very close)

You are also correct in your second quote. Those who seek only power and wealth will ultimately destroy us, or severely negate our opportunity to enjoy our one given life. This is intolerable. My question is this: why are we afraid to change the path we are allowing ourselves to be driven down by a relatively few immoral, power lusting people? Why?

Huge, persistent marches in the streets, no shopping sprees and a nation wide general strike. All in the name of ending war, a huge reduction in our military-spy budget and bringing all of our troops home and closing all overseas military bases; all 800+ of them. Next we tackle climate change with all countries involved. That should provide some breathing room for solving the myriad of social/ economic/environmental problems facing us and the rest of the world.

Oh, I will never say it’s easy, N. It takes a certain “realization”, which can occur to anyone who at last is fully fed up with life on Earth as it is. I’m not talking about ending it all through suicide. I’m merely saying that anyone can merrily live out their days here, caring a little for the less fortunate, being a bit merciful toward any dependents or underlings, obsessing not at all about any Earthly attraction. Bearing their burden of labor without complaint. Residing so and finally departing here safe in the knowledge a better place on the other side was promised by Jesus in the Gospels at John 12:25. “He who hateth his life in this world shall preserve it for life eternal.”

Most of the plutocratic-oligarchs, no matter their nationality live under the same tent with the same agenda, money, control and power. F*** 'em.

Your VA Health Care is not free (I too am a vet with VA care.

sbrownn,
“I guess this is all Comey and Muller’s fault…Wag the dog!”

Actually, the bombing of Syria is just to deflect attention from RussiaGate & Mueller.

Apparently, Congress doesn’t really want the responsibility to make such decisions.The AMUF can be rescinded, but in doing so Congress will lose its political cover.

Allen, I’m sorry to say that you “don’t live in the most corrupt country on the face of the earth” — you and I and all American citizen/‘subjects’ actually live in an EMPIRE — and specifically the first in world history: ‘effectively-Disguised’, dual ‘Vichy Party’, ‘truly-Global’, and crony ‘Capitalist-fueled’ EMPIRE — which is only nominally HQed in, and merely ‘posing’ as, our former country and which can only be accurately defined, confronted, and over-thrown by’exposing’ this global cancer simply named “EMPIRE”. ------ as what it actually is, which is an EMPIRE — not an oligarchy, nor plutocracy, nor ‘deep state’, nor corporate-state, nor … any of the other loose terminology that can easily be used by the EMPIRE to disarm the principled progressive (and sometime soon, even ‘Revolutionary’) left!

BTW, Allen, the phrase used in the title of this article, “'Clear Violation of Domestic and International Law,” ---- has absoeffinlutley no meaning or impact on faux-Emperor Trump’s EMPIRE — for the simple reason that EMPIRE’s don’t follow any stinkin RULE OF LAW.

Christ, it’s a God-damned EMPIRE — of course LAWS have no meaning!

BTW2, Allen (and all others who said they just want to “get out”) — none of us can “get out” — this EMPIRE is the first truly ‘GLOBAL EMPIRE’, so like the Hotel California, “you can check in, but you can never check out”.

The ONLY solution (and only Americans with their heads screwed-on correctly can do this — and only NON-violently). We, ‘we the American people’ have to have the brains and courage to fire a; loud, public, sustained, ‘in the streets’, but totally NON-violent “SHOUT (not shot) heard round the world” to ignite an essential Second American people’s peaceful patriotic Political/economic and social(ist) “Revolution Against Empire” [ Justin du Rivage] which overcomes, and overturns this cancerous tumor of metastasizing cancer in our ‘body politic’.

It may sound hard — but it is actually easy and we are the only people of earth who can, and are responsible, to do this ---- because as we have already seen in sickening gore, any other people who tried to do this were slaughtered in unlimited numbers and with effin complete impunity to any effin LAWS!

We are biological neighbors of pack and herd animals. We are taught to be ashamed of ourselves for being social and the individual leader is stressed. The superstar will come in a blaze of wonder and set us free. At the same time, many mostly younger scientists are actively experimenting with attempts to discover if humans are smart enough to know how smart animals are. They often discover animals doing things humans thought were human, a skiing crow, for example.

Now we are an adult species and see ourselves for what we are and should not be too disappointed that we can be trained. The actual shame is for capitalist cynics who have learned to herd humans and do it for wealth in a game designed to grow to infinity with one final owner. How weirdly simple is that?

Our path as a mature species is wrapped in stories. Distributed intelligence is more than a mathematical average. Autonomous democracy outside of governments is more than yes/no. It is fun discovering what all of us see together. All any of us can say with certainty is that focused distributed intelligence backed by 14 billion years of evolution will most likely come up with something surprisingly simple. Autonomous democracy can and will pose questions and find answers. Please push the start button. Thank you.

If China stops selling rare earths to the US, it will be the end of any US-based wind and solar energy, or electric vehicle industres. Do you really want that?

Sounds good. Jesus died a horrible death for trying to help others make this world a better more caring place. But, there was no father who could save him.

Bill Clinton managed to help bring the Balkan War to a swift conclusion. Both Bush I & II brought wars upon the world with no end in sight and probably had more to do with Reagan era wars than Reagan himself. Obama failed to help usher in some good out of the Arab Spring but he managed to lead without giving the impression of himself as a ruthless warmonger. Okay, the system is rigged, but republican leaders continually present themselves as ruthless warmonger arms merchants obviously out to do no one but the filthy rich any good. We’re certainly up shit creek, but it’s republicans more than democrats doing their worst to make today’s nightmare more hellish. I won’t equate the two parties as the same. Somehow, Trump and his ilk have got to be presented as the worst no matter how similar other party leaders seem to act.

Times that Congress has used its Constitutional power to ‘declare war’:

War with Britain 1812
War with Mexico 1846
War with Spain 1898
World War I 1917
World War II 1941-2

That’s all folks!

All the rest have in one of world’s more retarded attempts at ‘democracy’ have been left to the person of an indirectly elected executive in chief.

Obama did turn out to be more of a war hawk than we would have liked. Partly because his cabinet were war hawks. But Obama didn’t fail at hope and change. He was allowed zero support from a renegade, retrograde, childish house and senate.

They will never forget that Obama got healthcare reform passed while republicans all thumbed their noses. G

Wikipedia indicates that Rhythm of the Rain was the ninth most performed song on radio/TV in the 20th century. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rather curious choice of writing style, which I substantially appreciate.

You posted an extremely comprehensive and on-point version of inextricably linked world affairs, which is not an easy task. Thanks.

Hi Yunzer.

You could add to that all sorts of military weapons and other technologies.

But, no; and, I didn’t say that I want that (eventually, I want to get my home completely off the electrical utility grid). Those are simply measures that I’ve read that China could take, if they really wanted to screw with the U.S.; and, I would hope that the possibility of China implementing such measures would give the United States pause in its insane hegemonic quest.