Home | About | Donate

In Display of 'Actual Sociopathy,' Trump Reportedly Asked CIA Why Drone Didn't Also Kill Target's Family

Correct. Try and probably die. Or give up and definitely die. That is the choice. Long odds are hard to squarely face, but better than bowing our heads and admitting there is no hope at all.

My hat is off to those that fight against long odds. I did that where I worked. I was a rebel against the system. My last review was about that fight. My supervisor who knew me for the entire time I worked there wrote two paragraphs about me.
The 1st stated that I was the most stubborn person who ever worked there and in spite of every effort to change me, they failed and I did things my way. She was wordier than that, but that was the gist.
The 2nd stated that I had been the best patient advocate that the nursing home had, that I fought relentlessly for them.
I was very proud of the 1st paragraph, I was never broken. And I would never had been the advocate if they had. But the sad truth is that while they couldn’t change me, I couldn’t change the system. It was still the same when I left. Thus my lack of optimism. The few almost never win in the long run.