Home | About | Donate

In Display of 'Actual Sociopathy,' Trump Reportedly Asked CIA Why Drone Didn't Also Kill Target's Family

Oh, will giving you a thumbs up get me the same treatment? If so how about the other 18 CD?

Shouldn’t that be “Presence” rather than “Absence” ?   In addition to his many deliberate lies, Tweetle-Dumb exhibits delusions and other signs of irrational thinking on an almost hourly basis.

Know of any land opportunities up there? How do these people go build cabins in the middle of nowhere?

trump’s Hair Hitler The Flaming Orange Satan.

Mango Mussolini’s Chump trump’s IDIOT LOSER supporters are the main problem.

I don’t doubt there is a significant percentage within the ranks. Bug generally speaking military culture aligns with the likes of Trump and his band of Generals and soon to be CIA torture thug cohorts.

I also don’t doubt that some would refuse to take action against US citizens if ever ordered to do so.

But then again, a lot would, or will…and Trump has already groomed his brownshirts who are armed and ignorant White Nationalists listening for that ultimate dog whistle.

I had a question mark on those also. This comes from Psych today, and I wonder if this is a typo or they mean something else.

Trumpty is defensive in that he has to be greater than Obama in every way. Doesn’t seem to be able to let it go.

Fokker,

Thanks for saying what we all feel, every single day.

They passed ObamaCare with reconciliation- which couldn’t be filibustered. He could have done the public option, he had the votes. But he didn’t. He was a lying, two faced, Neo-Liberal tool of Wall Street.

Don’t know where you got that piece of trash…

The Jan. 9 news article “ Obama vetoes bill aimed at repealing health law ” repeated a commonly held misconception about the process used to pass the Affordable Care Act in 2010: “To pass the Obamacare repeal bill, Republican lawmakers used the complex budget procedure known as reconciliation to avoid a filibuster in this case — the same procedure Democrats used to pass the bill in 2009 when they controlled both the House and Senate.” The Senate did not use the reconciliaton process to pass the ACA. The act, comprising 906 pages, is the basic comprehensive substance of Obamacare. It was passed on a bill that was filibustered, and a supermajority vote of 60 was required to end that filibuster (by invoking cloture under Senate Rule 22). It was signed by the president on March 23, 2010, and became Public Law 111-148.

We have to bear in mind that if Trump goes (and how I wish he would) we will then have Pence. He could be a whole lot worse because he is not stupid. Plus he has religious zeal in abundance.

Patience, Mr. Mueller surely has something in his bag of presents for Pence.

But the final form was passed by reconciliation after that and so could have had the public option:

Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.

I trusted my memory more than something from the Washington Post. But not enough to keep me from doing research to see who was right. I was right.

Wouldn’t that be lovely! We just need to get a more acceptable Speaker of the House before Mueller pounces.

Donald Trump is not completely human.

Actually - I believe you are wrong about the detailed point - that the public option was still available at the time the reconciliation act was passed. But you are probably right that it might have been achievable legislatively.

Obamacare legislation was passed in two parts. The first part was the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which laid out the structure of things and that did require a 60 vote filibuster proof vote. My understanding is that the second part of the bill that you are referring to as having passed by reconciliation could only deal with financial issues within the structure and could not revive the public option that Nelson and Lincoln and Prior and Liberman had removed earlier.

Personally - I think the public option was already dead in the bill that came out of the House because Pelosi had it being so weak. It had already restricted the government’s ability to negotiate prices and it had already been designated to be unavailable as an option for medium or large employers. Thus that watered-down public option was doomed to failure because, as the CBO scoring report noted, it could only attract a sicker population and would have to charge higher prices.

Ironically, to get a true public option into the final bill, I believe they needed to water it down even further to make it just a last ditch backup to the private insurance in cases where no private insurance was available (i.e. a shell with almost no substance that Nelson, Prior, Lincoln, and Liberman could agree to). Then, when they went to the reconciliation act that wouldn’t get the conservative Democrats to vote for it anyways - they could amend the nature of the public option to make it robust as a fiscal matter that could be handled by reconciliation. Anyways - that’s the only convoluted strategy that I see that could have happened to get the public option. I’m pretty sure it could not just be thrown into the reconciliation act at the time you say it could have.

Vote em OUT

I sure hope so!!

There seems to be at least a slight possibility that Ryan might lose his seat in the House, but if the RePoop­Lickens maintain control we might get stuck with someone even worse, and most of the senior DamnocRats wouldn’t be a whole lot better.

Correct. Which is why I couldn’t vote for Barry the Liar a second time. “Hope and Change” was bullshit. It was just more of the same under a much slicker person. I think Gore Vidal was right when he said that any person who is nominated for the presidency by either of these two political parties has already sold their soul.