Home | About | Donate

In Display of 'Actual Sociopathy,' Trump Reportedly Asked CIA Why Drone Didn't Also Kill Target's Family

There probably is, just breathe. Many Alaskans are hardy souls. https://www.wimp.com/alone-in-the-wilderness-for-30-years-man-films-himself-living-alone-in-alaska/
This is one of the most famous is Dick Proennekke. No film crew. Just him and the elements. He’s an inspiration, for sure.

Don’t worry- I can be grammar police too , but sometimes I do not realize errors until later- have at least tree eye issues.

Very true! What America has been allowed to become is all our faults.

Yes, we have failed them.

We continue to vote in significant numbers for a corrupt Duopoly.

Many of us are blind to the realities of what they’ve done, what they are doing now, and what they will continue to do as long as we enable them.

Skip, the children will bring about a 3rd party.

Please stop saying, “No.”

If you vote lesser of two Evils, you’re still left with Evil.

Transform your beliefs.

Thx for being gracious🙃

The public option failed because Corporate State Democrats, led by Obama made fucking sure it didn’t pass.

Obama promised Big Pharma and the Big Insurers that outcome. The ultimate handling of the public option that was never an option to begin with, is frankly, beside the point.

Ooops, sorry bkswrites, I’m off topic. Flag if you must.

Are you mistaking CD for Daily Kos per chance?

Aside from the occasional post wistful of Obama, most posts on this site I’ve seen relative to Obama’s use of drones have been critical.

Agreed, Obama is a sociopath.

I have been hearing that about a 3rd party winning for all my life and it has never happened. The only change happens within a party. Our system is designed to shut out any 3rd party attempts. Every 3rd party attempt in the past has failed or destroyed the party it came from.

I study history and it isn’t going to happen. You can continue pissing into the wind, but you are just wasting your effort. The Green party has been around for decades and has never gotten more than 5% and that is with both of the parties nominees hated. The only thing the green party does is to be the spoiler in swing states and that gave us Trump.

The children will run into reality when it comes time to vote. Their best chance is to get candidates nominated and elected in one of the parties. And they will lose their fire over time and most likely settle for way less than what they want.

Your way is losing every time. The democrats can change if enough effort is put into it, just like the republicans have been changed. That is the only chance and way to accomplish your goals.

And quite frankly there will never be enough of us to stop the wars or to end the oligarchy. Certainly not in my lifetime. In the 60s’ I thought we had a chance, but it blew away. For too many people money is the most important part of life. And americans are too much in love with cheap goods, always have been. And they won’t give up their empire that gives them the cheap stuff.

So continue making sure that the most evil keeps getting elected. The monied interests will make sure that a Bernie is never elected. This country has always been run by the rich and for the rich. And every time the people try to change that, they win some battles, but in the end, it goes back to the same old ways. The people forget the battles it took and they relax, stop fighting. And slowly the rich take over completely again.

Only a real full blown revolution can change the system and those new systems tend to become as bad as the one they replaced. The american revolution replaced the rich British with rich Americans.

The progressive myth of the Obama sellout never dies, when the actual legislative history shows the tightrope he and Reid were walking in 2010:

President to Help Dem Lawmakers Strategize on Saving Obamacare

Take that and shove it. That sellout had great consequence to the lives of myself and countless others. I’m sitting here right now trying to swallow liquids and food, and have been struggling with health problems that started after I lost my insurance from my former employer after turning 50.

Then health coverage was dangled in front of my face for almost two years after the ACA passed while everything went south. Then all hell breaks loose in my life, that results ultimately in a move back to my home State of Missouri whose Governor refused the expansion of Medicaid under the ACA.

I have no insurance, no way of paying for a doctor visit, and my family’s support can only go so far. If I lived in a sane country like Sweden, my life would never have turned out so fucking dismal.

So now, I’m literally contemplating the worst possible things in regard to my life.

I witnessed the sellout by Corporate State Democrats during the process.

I’m not fucking stupid, okay?

I almost didn’t post because I knew you would come along and “correct the record”.

Skip, unfortunately, your post is good, on target. History ain’t my long suit, but I see the truth in your observations. I don’t see any saving action to be taken. Their fire power and economic manipulations are greater than our love of country, decency, and each other. The kids from the gun control movement gave me a tinge of hope, but overall, I fear this empire has to fall completely…probably from outside, not inside…and some kind of phoenix has to rise before any positive change can occur, if then. :disappointed_relieved::cry:

That option was considered by Reid. The catch was committee chair, Kent Conrad, had already negotiated the budget strictures he was willing to work within. A non-financed shell that red state Democrats opposed was not worth the trouble in the limited time they had the votes.

To put it into perspective–and this is a super important point–the bill as written expanded Medicaid in all 50 states. It also significantly invested in rural community health clinics. Along with the subsidies, Democrats were (and did) massively expanding publicly financed healthcare in the country. It wasn’t wrong as a matter of legislative strategy to think the fight over a neutered public option was not worth it. After all, if not for a Supreme Court decision (Medicaid) and the Republican takeover of the House (health clinics), there would be many more people in publicly financed healthcare.

Psych, I’m really sorry to hear what’s happened to you. Your story is legion now in a shameful, selfish, mean-spirited and darkening country. I hope you find some resource(s) to ameliorate whatever is happening to you.

I can’t say I really understand where all the “mean” originated, but its extent is nothing short of shocking…this in a country that claims to love a god who supposedly supports brotherly love.

I hope you can hang in there and continue being a squeaky wheel that eventually gets some grease.

The bill expanded Medicaid in all 50 states, massively funded rural community healthcare clinics, and provided publicly funded premium supports for private insurance purchasers. One was wrecked by the Supreme Court, the other by a Republican House. So take your clucking uniformed sanctimony and shove it back up your own.

Oh, and before you holler at me again, you are speaking to a person who has a pre-existing condition (Type 1 diabetes) and knows well what it means to go without insurance. I keep my mouth shut on that issue whenever you throw your health needs at me because I like to focus on legislation and policy with respect to healthcare, which I know a lot about as a matter of profession. I have watched moronic, uniformed arguments drive conversations over one aspect of a bill without even considering how clucking stupid they are. If Obama wanted the so-called Heritage Plan and to sell you out, he wouldn’t have forced insurers to accept 5-1 patient ratio bands. Zero insurers wanted that and the Trump administration is actively seeking workarounds for it. But let’s ignore that because it doesn’t fit into our neat sellout narrative! Cluck!

Well take it shove it once again.

One thing you can always be counted on, is ignoring the reality that the tightrope that was walked by Obama was one that kept private insurance companies in control of healthcare.

I have never denied the good parts of ACA so spare me.

The fact that you know what it is like to go without insurance just makes your positioning on this matter worse.

That you apologize for the ACA so wholeheartedly, that by design still left millions without access to healthcare from conception.

You apologize for this sick fucking system, that leaves people paying premiums to service the event that they have a life threatening sudden illness, yet has deductibles so high that they avoid procedures they otherwise might benefit from.

So again, take it and shove it. You have the nerve to deem my argument once again mythology, when I’ve made arguments completely in line with analysis about how insurance companies, especially Wellpoint essentially wrote most of the ACA.

Congratulations, you have healthcare under the ACA.

I’m wondering how I will survive.

Go cluck yourself.

Thank you.

Mean-while, the policy wonks among us, diabetic or otherwise, discount the actual hell millions were resigned to intentionally by policy.

And I’m to be shamed for having the audacity to not wonk myself into some appreciation of the political accomplishment of Obama.

You too.:blush:

I don’t apologize for anything, just respond to jerks who can’t read beyond their own nose. There are thousands of public servants engaged in actually finding ways to provide coverage under the ACA, whose positions are financed via the law, but it’s all worthless to you because of your situation. More to the point, it was the Supreme Court that messed up Medicaid expansion, not Obama. Millions more people would have coverage if not for that. It was the Republican House that wrecked rural community healthcare financing, not Obama either.

Whatever. Your situation is bad, there are sellouts everywhere, so yell at me because I know the legislative history of the bill, not just popular progressive talking point BS.

I don’t apologize for anything, just respond to jerks who can’t read beyond their own nose.

So I’m a jerk that can’t read beyond my own nose? For the record, jerk, I have a beak and I’m not even close to being finished pecking.

There are thousands of public servants engaged in actually finding ways to provide coverage under the ACA, whose positions are financed via the law, but it’s all worthless to you because of your situation. More to the point, it was the Supreme Court that messed up Medicaid expansion, not Obama.

This is all beside the point that I argue, I haven’t asserted otherwise even despite my dire situation. The point that I have made criticizing ACA repeatedly is that BY DESIGN it was destined to leave millions uninsured. The estimate made at the time ACA was written was over 20 million. As of 2016 before Trump got his hands on it, 27 million US citizens were uninsured.

To you, and your ilk i.e., Clinton, Lieberman, Obama, Schumer, and the rest of the corporate sellouts among us…calling out the reality that ACA was written mostly by Wellpoint, and that Corporate Democrats fought for a bill that would leave the Big Insurers in control is “talking point BS”.

If anyone knows talking point BS, it is you.

Cluck.

Enjoy, it’s a nice read written by another “jerk who can’t read beyond their own nose”.