Home | About | Donate

In Display of 'Outrageous, McCarthyite Repression,' U.S. Bars BDS Leader Barred From Entering Country

In Display of 'Outrageous, McCarthyite Repression,' U.S. Bars BDS Leader Barred From Entering Country

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Civil liberties advocates and press freedom groups were appalled Thursday when the Donald Trump administration announced that Omar Barghouti—a Palestinian activist at the forefront of efforts to use nonviolent tactics to end the Israeli occupation—was barred from entering the United States.

According to the Arab American Institute, Barghouti was denied access to a plane to the U.S. at Israel's Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv. Officials at the airport allegedly told Barghouti that American immigration officials made the request.

Seems like those of us already in the U$ need to get out the word even more effectively. BDS! I am preparing my list of friends with whom to discuss the issue as I type. Maa Salama.

1 Like

This is how pariah states act. It’s of a piece with the rejection of the International Criminal Court’s legitimacy.

1 Like