Home | About | Donate

In 'Extraordinary Step,' International Crisis Group Issues Report Warning of US Election Violence

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/28/extraordinary-step-international-crisis-group-issues-report-warning-us-election

1 Like

Warning about voter suppression is what one would expect in a fascist country and/or a banana republic and not in what is supposed to be, according to the corporate media, conservatives, and liberals, the greatest country in the world.

4 Likes

Right-wing stochastic terrorism, violence, voter intimidation are already happening in the USA at every level.
Armed, belligerent Trumpers are causing trouble all over the United States, threatening people, vandalizing homes and yards that have Biden signs, driving vehicles into protesters, brandishing weapons illegally, etc.
These clowns are the 21st century Confederate Army, and should be treated the same way the 19th century Confederates were treated.
I wish there was a way to resurrect General Sherman. He should have been given orders to clear the entire South of Confederate loyalists.

3 Likes

One wonders why the so-called “progressives” enjoy putting down clowns – a real source of entertainment for children regardless of chronological age – instead of referring to such people as what they are: fascists. A clown is not a substitute for a fascist. Yes, I’m standing up for clowns. Somebody has to, when both the fake-left – who at election time support and vote for an imperialistic, right-wing presidential candidate just because he calls himself a Democrat – and far-right use the term.

5 Likes

Excellent point since calling the Trump administration clowns severely overlooks the fact that the government in power today should be thought of as being fascist. What the Trump gang has done to the American people should not be thought of as being funny.

2 Likes

They are fascist clowns. Their incompetence should not be overlooked either. The fear of “civil war” is nonsense. Those morons will wind up dead or in jail like the ones that tried to kidnap that governor.

I wonder if NATO will demand the UN allow them to launch air and missile strikes on the USA as they did with Libya and In Syria and Serbia.

6 Likes

Where to even begin…US American institutions are steeped in racism; it is not a true “democracy” and was never intended as such-we still have the Electoral College don’t we?; corporations are valued above its people (corporations as “people” with more rights); a country of over 350 million people are essentially supposed to be represented by a two-party system as other parties are denied access to debates, funding, etc. It is difficult to feel any confidence in such a system. For many of us, this election is simply to rid ourselves of the current criminal administration. The real work of organizing and agitating into a movement for a livable planet has to come now.

5 Likes

gee–we are just like any podunk third world tinpot country with brutal authoritarian leaders–right in there with Turkey, Poland and India–my how quickly the shining light on the hill turned into a dumpster fire under our so called leaders

3 Likes

Bottom line, POC:
Stop relying on white people’s benevolence for our people’s physical safety - white Americans (the ones that matter, that is) would rather let the country go to ruin than see “the ‘good’ darkies” turned into “phuckin’ n______” by the thought of a more egalitarian society.

This (Trump’s presidency, the GOP’s embrace of Nazism, white supremacists emerging from the margins) is all a race war, first and foremost - racism is what brought Trump to power & it’s what keeps him popular. (Save your bullshit explanations about the economy, notALLwhitepeople - you & your racist brethren know full well that Biden will take just as good of care of your precious 401k as Trump has; he’s a corporatist, after all)

Understand this, POC:
The white folks are never going to do what is necessary for us: fight the racists, no-holds-barred. It’s long past time for us POC to fight for our own. At this point, we’re Fighting for our cousins of color all around the world, because white people’s Frankenstein - climate change - is going to wipe out us POC’s countries first.
Then, they’ll refuse us entry into their countries; they’ll wall their countries off. They’re trying to exterminate all of us, do you understand? white people’s “final solution” for us is climate change

In endorsing Trump this week, the Spokane Spokesman-Review editor noted all of Trump’s flaws but concluded that “Trump is better for business” confirming that Wall Street and their corporations are indeed fully in control.

Any mainstream newspaper endorsing Trump is admitting that they concur with his attacks on independent journalism and are conceding to becoming just one more GOP propaganda distributor,

3 Likes

I wonder if there are any trolls on this site.

Perhaps the fact that is is a fascist country is why they are calling it the greatest country in the world.

“[And on the throne of France] there was a bloodthirsty clown…who lured children into the sewers and wallowed them whole!!!”

Cheers: “Frazer and Dickens” c.1988

As Jimmy Carter has often pointed out, we don’t even have the basics
with our elections here to even have effective monitoring come – k

And, I’d also suspect that one of the first things to go would be the computers –
unless we have traceable tracking numbers on each vote –

They are crushing our Post Offices BECAUSE VOTING BY MAIL WORKS —
PAPER, PEN, TRACKING NUMBERS –

MAILED TO ALL REGISTERED VOTERS

1 Like

"(Save your bullshit explanations about the economy, notALLwhitepeople - you & your racist brethren know full well that Biden will take just as good of care of your precious 401k as Trump has; he’s a corporatist, after all)

One of the landowners with a property adjacent to mine (one of several he owns) is black. I’ve never spoken to him, not because he is black but because he is a hunter, gun enthusiast, and a wealthy, Christian, prosperity gospel preacher–sort of a low-rent version of Creflo Dollar.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOEt1PCWio

And frequent targets of his sermons include leftists and atheists like me, so I’m pretty sure he would have no interest in talking to me. He also has way more power and influence than I do, and the signs and flags at the front of his property proclaim his enthusiastic support for Trump. If you think he is your ally because of his dark skin, that is at least as mistaken and misguided as seeing people like Bernie Sanders, and John Oliver, and Susan Sarandon, and all the disempowered whites that joined BLM protests as racist enemies on account of their light skin.

It is, of course, your prerogative to continue in your campaign of railing, blaming, and divisiveness, but it isn’t rational, it isn’t effective, it’s more likely to be counterproductive, and I definitely don’t see anything beautiful about it.

“At this point, we’re Fighting for our cousins of color all around the world, because white people’s Frankenstein - climate change - is going to wipe out us POC’s countries first.”

Are you counting the people of China and India as “white”?

“They’re trying to exterminate all of us, do you understand? white people’s “final solution” for us is climate change”

Are you really unaware of the many whites who are trying to find social, political, and technological ways to displace or curtail fossil CO2 emissions?

1 Like

First off, isn’t it foolish to piss off the cops when so far they seem to support one another? Cops and gun holders that is.
There isn’t much, if anything, these armed cultists can do at the polls.
It’s after the election that is in question. Until then it is armed intimidation to further divide a divided nation.
The real sh - - hits the fan if Biden wins and promotes gun regulation.
Gonna need lots of peanuts and popcorn to get us through that sh - - shoo.

1 Like