Home | About | Donate

In Fiery Exchange, Warren Tells Trump Nominee Kathy Kraninger Her Role in Cruel Child Detention 'a Moral Stain That Will Follow You for the Rest of Your Life'

In Fiery Exchange, Warren Tells Trump Nominee Kathy Kraninger Her Role in Cruel Child Detention 'a Moral Stain That Will Follow You for the Rest of Your Life'

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) verbally eviscerated Kathy Kraninger, President Donald Trump's "unqualified" nominee to run the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), during a Senate confirmation hearing on Thursday in which her role in the administration's cruel child detention policy was a focus.

Woefully unqualified to perform the job she is hired for?
Sounds like another Trump hire in his Peter Príncipal world. That’s the problem with hiring a complete dumbass as a manager (or president ) they will in turn hire bigger dumbasses as underlings, incapable of doing anything, including be a threat to the boss…

I am reminded of Philadelphia Eagles coach Jim Schwartz’s statement: “If you do enough dumbass things, pretty soon you will be labeled a dumbass” Hmmmmmm. How many dumbasses do we have in the Trump administration?

Thanks to Sen. Warren for saying the things that so many of us U.S. citizens are thinking. Surprised McConnell hasn’t had capital police drag you from the senate chamber. He and his ilk hate someone telling the truth - especially in a building they and their corporate bosses think they own lock, stock and barrel… I remember when he cut your speaker off. Your voice will and is being heard. Thank you!

oh, more empty platitudes from Warren. Remember that Bankster that she “yelled at” and ended with - “you ought to be investigated” and she was there to address the investigation that had come back fraud. The only thing he got was a fake dressing down. That’s called letting them off with a slap on the wrist. Watch those dressing downs sometime, the senator who’s “incensed about the corruption,” ask a question, paused, when the crook doesn’t answer or answer well enough, they answer for them literally in defense - putting words into their mouths to defend them. Proof that it’s a show.

“her role in the administration’s cruel child detention policy was a focus.” is why we just got the fake dressing down from Warren. The DNC put on a show card, over a touchy issue. This woman will be confirmed. The fake objection for the public sake - done, check off list. Next - Confirmation hearing.

I thought Elizabeth Warren did a good job, and the Kraniger person seemed to be saying nothing in her answers , although her lips were moving. I don’t think she knows anything, or she just goes along. How much is the salary for this job?I already think it’s too much, and WAY too much if she is actually hired.

I don’t think that many in America like kids, at least the ones in government. These people don’t seem to want to give kids health care, or an education, or food or a decent place to live, and who ever came up with the ICE terrorizing game plan is not only leaving a stain on their department and government--------but a big Stain in the mind of the little kids that will haunt the kids, and eventually all of us in the future. Oh a scary new play " THE ICE PLAN COMETH…" and we should all probably run.

And my brain went to Kathy’s likely response: It puts the lotion on it’s skin.

Psychopaths don’t care.

MORALITY, yes Liz, if I may call you that, that is the cause. Let us all reach down and touch our better beings. Morality. No matter what one may believe from where it springs it is the tie that binds humanity together in progress. Yes, Progress. Prof. Warren inspires me. She warrants my attention and loyalty. Furthermore, she inspires my solidarity. E pluribus unum.

Warren is right, here, but what kind of life-long “stink” will follow her own blank check for racist Israel? To hell with her and the whole Dimocrapic Party.

Do you know what […] looks like? nudge,nudge, wink,wink?

Appealing to the moral compass of narcissistic right-wingers who don’t have consciences is pointless. The only thing that will motivate them to do the “right thing” is if it somehow impacts their finances. That is all they care about.

I keep forgetting “they” don’t have a moral compass like the rest of us.

What an absurd imposition upon Congress…that it is obligated to take seriously any of Don’s nominees.
With so much to be accomplished, instead, we (taxpayers) get to waste time and money with these circuses.

Slightly off this subject, but in regard to Trump “nominees,” i.e., Kavanaugh/SC …

My NJ Sen. Robert Menendez replies re the Kavanaugh nomination that he will vote against him, but also this interesting thinking –

Furthermore, prior to the 2016 elections, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell withheld the vote on President Obama’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, for over nine months. The Senate eventually voted instead on President Trump’s nominee – Neil Gorsuch, whose nomination I did not support – after a contentions process where Majority Leader McConnell invoked the “nuclear option” to change the rules and ultimately confirm the nomination. With this precedent in mind, I believe that the Senate should not vote on a Supreme Court nominee until after the American people have had their voices heard in the November 2018 elections.

and here’s Sen. Booker on Kavanaugh –

On Monday, July 9, 2018, President Trump nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh to sit on the Supreme Court as an associate justice. He currently is a circuit judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. I firmly believe the Senate Committee on the Judiciary should not move forward on his nomination and reject it for a number of reasons.

Not that I would trust either Menendez or Booker –